Affordable Rain Gear that works...???

sk1

WKR
camofire has the core4element torrent rain pants up right now for $99, and had the top up yesterday same price..........i cant say from experience but i really would like to try it, a little expensive but not kuiu/sitka prices

Jon Boy

WKR
If im back packing in sept/oct I just take a cheap poncho that I throw over if it starts to rain a decent bit. Light weight and cheap. I just throw it over my clothes and sit down and glass. Rain never seems to last very long or rain very hard in central MT, maybe I just think that because im use to late october rifle season in western WA haha

bhtkevin

FNG
Get the cabelas packable rain gear on sale. I do have a Kryptek waterproof top that's never been worn if you're interested. Bought it and just never end up needing it.

bobhunts

WKR
I have the Frog toggs under the back seat of my truck should I need to change a tire! For hunting I have KUIU and it has performed well during a long downfall rain while Elk hunting this season. I will use it next year in Alaska chasing Moose and that is where I will get to really try it out! I will post back when I can do this and have a experience to base it off of! Bob.

G Posik

WKR
For me I use the HH. It also works as the top layer in my if it gets to cold set up. It is truly water proof and is easy to repair a tear (Duct tape) and still keep you dry. I have tried many other rain gear sets but the HH is my favorite.

Glenn

G Posik

WKR
Whatever happened to carrying an umbrella around?

It takes away one hand to hold it. If you are shooting a bow you have to lean it over a bit and you get all wet still. If rifle you hold up on the forearm of the rifle, you still get wet. The only way the umbrella really works is to gave some one else hold it for you.

Glenn