Advice on budget E-caller?

Jhy

FNG
Looking for a reliable E- caller, and don’t want to spend 500 plus. Reviews on the 200 and under callers are all over the place. Just want simple and reliable for the little use it will get. Looking at the ICOtec 320, lucky duck, etc. any experience with something in the 200 dollar range that wasn’t junk in a year? Just looking to pass some winter time thinning the coyote- fox population.

I have a buddy that runs the ico tec and the sound quality is actually pretty nice! I run the lucky duck super revolt. The only thing I would be cautious about with the cheaper calls is finding some sounds that aren’t over ran. I’ve noticed a lot of the cheaper calls have the same sounds as most E calls on the market.

OP
J

Jhy

FNG
I have a buddy that runs the ico tec and the sound quality is actually pretty nice! I run the lucky duck super revolt. The only thing I would be cautious about with the cheaper calls is finding some sounds that aren’t over ran. I’ve noticed a lot of the cheaper calls have the same sounds as most E calls on the market.
Making me rethink. Wanted something simple to operate but now looking at the ICOtec outlaw which is more than I wanted to spend ……

IW17

FNG
For $200 I'd buy a couple custom hand calls. One closed reed and two open reed of different sizes. Then just practice. Each call made by each maker has a unique sound. And whether you realize or not, each call cadence you make will have a slight variance as well. You'll be able to change up your presentation each time. You can learn yips, howls, distress calls etc. Open reed calls are the best for this. But a closed reed is necessary if you call in cold weather or call a lot. The reed can get too wet and stick or freeze.