Action / Trigger job on a 629-1

Nice find! I am the third owner of a 629-3 in the 5” classic version. I was told it had been worked over by the S&W Custom Shop, so you may want to check with the factory and see if you can send it home for an overhaul / upgrade.

Otherwise, I’ve read that a lot of the well regarded revolver smiths of the past are no longer working.

I found a website for Heffron Precision in Iowa that advertised work on S&W N frames. I don’t know anything else about them, good bad or otherwise.

I just purchased the Double D Guide’s Choice holster rig and REALLY like it for what I’m using the 629 for (bear protection while working / riding and walking around the woods).

Oh, and check out VZ grips…just got a new round-to-square set of stocks. They are machined out of G10 laminate. Very comfortable and grippy for when my hands are covered in blood and slippery.

Nice gun. I love 44 mags, Iv got 2 in the 629 platform. A -3 classic hunter and a -5 classic in 5” with a factory trigger/action job. The -5 has a very nice trigger. I too would check with smith as they may offer these services, unless someone else chimes in with a famous S&w gunsmith.

Back