Need a Tikka mag for a long short action cartridge!

khuber84

WKR
I built a wildcat on a Tikka, that's on an improved 308 case in 25 cal, that will likely be around 3-3.05 coal, as I put a lot of freebore in it. Need a long action mag, that isn't designed aroind a magnum case head, recommendations?

Gila

WKR
Dittto…I use Tikka mags from a 270 win (LA) for my 284 Win with a 3.1 COAl.

OP
K

khuber84

WKR
Okay, I was looking at the LA mags, and the Tikka mags were listed all long action, standard and magnum case heads. I'll look for a specific 270/30-06 one thanks! Anyone try the Mtn Tactical gen2 long action? They appear to be all multi cartridge, magnum and standard in the same unit, that doesn't sound optimized to anything.

Gila

WKR
Okay, I was looking at the LA mags, and the Tikka mags were listed all long action, standard and magnum case heads. I'll look for a specific 270/30-06 one thanks! Anyone try the Mtn Tactical gen2 long action? They appear to be all multi cartridge, magnum and standard in the same unit, that doesn't sound optimized to anything.
Yes I use them on my Tikka 6.8 Western. They will feed anything including WSMs up to 3.4”.

wildcat33

WKR
I’ll take a factory tikka mag over mt tactical. Lighter and, in my experience, feed better.

sdupontjr

WKR
Yes as others have said, get the L and either modify your bolt stop or bu a LA bolt stop. I have done this to both of my Tikka 308's