Accura LR-X and Williams globe sight

Westhunt

FNG
Utah recently changed the scopes on muzzleloaders' rules to only allow 1x scopes or open sights. I ran a vortex crossfire this year, and I wasn't a fan. The distortion of a 1X scope makes the target look further away. I'm looking at trying the Williams Globe Sight. Reading online, there seems to be some fitting issues on the Accura LR-X and MR-X models where the front sight needs to be sanded to fit, as well as some issues with the rear sight running out of adjustment. Has anyone had any issues with this? If so, was it easy to fix and mount to the barrel?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CMF

WKR
I bought the mrx model with a williams open sight already installed, but it wasn't the globe. I ordered the globe only for the front. The stock rear aperture would not go high enough so I had to order the next higher rear sight.
Just order the right combo globe and rear sight and you should be fine.

I've never shot a 1x scope, but I imagine it would be better than an open sight, even the globe.
Does the 1x still gather light and allow for better dawn/dusk shots?

dmc

FNG
What about a red dot? I think I'd rather have one of those than a Williams personally...

OP
Westhunt

Westhunt

FNG
What about a red dot? I think I'd rather have one of those than a Williams personally...
I've considered a red dot as well. They don't have the distortion issues as bad ad the 1x scopes. But I also luke the simplicity of an iron sight.

OP
Westhunt

Westhunt

FNG
I've considered a red dot as well. They don't have the distortion issues as bad ad the 1x scopes. But I also luke the simplicity of an iron sight.