AB raptor 4 stack vs 6 stack

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have and compared the 4 stack vs the 6 stack. Thinking a 4 stack with 3" reflex would balance nicely on 18" barrel but wondering how the dB reduction would be vs 6. Going on a 7 saw lightweight pack rifle. Thanks in advance

Thejet

WKR
If the .8” is the determining factor cut that much more off the barrel. The weight will be offset from the extra .8 of barrel being taken off.

OP
L

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
What is the "reflex" all about?
It's essentially an extended blast chamber that goes back over the barrel instead of making the suppressor longer on the end. Helps with balance, sound and db

Unckebob

WKR
It's essentially an extended blast chamber that goes back over the barrel instead of making the suppressor longer on the end. Helps with balance, sound and db

Does it limit the barrel's contour at the muzzle end?

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 6 stack and my son a raptor 8. He’s running flush and I’ve tried both a 3” and 2” reflex. The flush raptor 8 is still a little quieter. I like the reflex mount because the flush mount sometimes gets stuck on the barrel and is hard to get off - the reflex u can get your hand around easier. And it may be in my head but I think I shoot better with the reflex on. That said, the reflex doesn’t drop dbs enough that my ear notices. I’m happy with the 6 but I would have rather gotten the 8 because the length difference is small plus the flush 8 weighs less than the 6 with a reflex. Point is, the reflex won’t help enough to where it makes a shorter/less baffle can quieter. If you’re after weight savings get the 6 and run flush - it will be quieter than any 4 with reflex. My experience. Both on 7prc

Last edited:
OP
L

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 6 stack and my son a raptor 8. He’s running flush and I’ve tried both a 3” and 2” reflex. The flush raptor 8 is still a little quieter. I like the reflex mount because the flush mount sometimes gets stuck on the barrel and is hard to get off - the reflex u can get your hand around easier. And it may be in my head but I think I shoot better with the reflex on. That said, the reflex doesn’t drop dbs enough that my ear notices. I’m happy with the 6 but I would have rather gotten the 8 because the length difference is small plus the flush 8 weighs less than the 6 with a reflex. Point is, the reflex won’t help enough to where it makes a shorter/less baffle can quieter. If you’re after weight savings get the 6 and run flush - it will be quieter than any 4 with reflex. My experience. Both on 7prc
Thank you!

Great feed back. Pretty much what I was after!

Anyone have and compared the 4 stack vs the 6 stack. Thinking a 4 stack with 3" reflex would balance nicely on 18" barrel but wondering how the dB reduction would be vs 6. Going on a 7 saw lightweight pack rifle. Thanks in advance
I have all the raptors. Get the 6 or bigger, the 4 is too loud for anything ive tried it on.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Get the 8; the 6 is annoying and loud to me. It sounds great on paper, but it's like the Ultra 5; nobody who owns one likes it.

SloppyJ

WKR
If those are your only two options then go 6. I think you'd be happier with the 8 though. There isn't much of a weight or length penalty for what you gain in dB reduction.

I went with a 10 stack with 3" reflex. I ordered a Scythe to get a shorter and lighter can like you're looking at. I'm sure I would have been just as happy with a 6 or 8 stack though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything AB puts out. They rock.

1000004185.jpg

OP
L

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
If those are your only two options then go 6. I think you'd be happier with the 8 though. There isn't much of a weight or length penalty for what you gain in dB reduction.

I went with a 10 stack with 3" reflex. I ordered a Scythe to get a shorter and lighter can like you're looking at. I'm sure I would have been just as happy with a 6 or 8 stack though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything AB puts out. They rock.

View attachment 706621
Good info. Nice looking rig!

ElPollo

WKR
There is only 1.2 oz difference between the 6 stack and 8 stack, and there is a substantial sound and recoil difference. With a 7 mm, you will need the extra 2 baffles. If you really want to cut weight buy the 8 stack and take the reflex off when you’re packing it. Short cans just make for regrets and ear ringing you have to keep until you die.

Bluefish

WKR
Reflex is more weight and less db reduction than 2 baffles. If quieter is desired, go more baffles. The reflex is just a bonus reduction for range days.

I have a 10 stack and it works well. Waiting on a 7 stack (a-10) to compare. So frustrating, have 6 cans in jail and seeing super quick turn arounds while it’s been 9 months on a couple of submissions.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Reflex is more weight and less db reduction than 2 baffles. If quieter is desired, go more baffles. The reflex is just a bonus reduction for range days.

I have a 10 stack and it works well. Waiting on a 7 stack (a-10) to compare. So frustrating, have 6 cans in jail and seeing super quick turn arounds while it’s been 9 months on a couple of submissions.
#bafflesmatter

Devildogg

FNG
I got a A10 warthog about a month ago. I also have a Dakota silencer varmintor 3.0. I wasn’t so sure about getting the AB warthog but I like much better than my varmintor in every way. I can’t believe how quiet it is for it being so small. My only regret was when I bought it there were two of them there and I wish I would have bought them both.

OP
L

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
I got a A10 warthog about a month ago. I also have a Dakota silencer varmintor 3.0. I wasn’t so sure about getting the AB warthog but I like much better than my varmintor in every way. I can’t believe how quiet it is for it being so small. My only regret was when I bought it there were two of them there and I wish I would have bought them both.
I've seen the warthog, looked interesting. Maybe I'll dig into it more

Bluefish

WKR
I've seen the warthog, looked interesting. Maybe I'll dig into it more
It’s basically the same can, but in stainless. One baffle less to make it lighter. The 556 is a 5 stack and the 7.62 is a 7 stack. Also half the $$. I have a 7 stack on the way to try for my AR’s.

Grumman

WKR
I have a Warthog and multiple 8 stack Raptors. The Warthog is nice for the price point and reduced gas blowback on an AR. For the price of the Raptors I wouldn’t go less than an 8 stack so you get the value of great sound reduction. My next one will be a Raptor 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk