AAC 77 grain TMK ammo

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
I had been eyeballing the AAC 77 grain TMK for a while. I almost bought their 75 grain black tip since it was in stock. But I got the in stock notice for the AAC 77 grain TMK ammo last week. Bought 750 rounds to which cost me less than the 500 rounds of Black hills 77 grain I purchased back in January. I’m going to start this thread to talk about accuracy and QC as well as see what other people are experiencing.

Opened one sample box - one round had several dents in the casing. Another round would not allow me to close the bolt when feeding (tried magazine fed, hand fed etc). That’s just one box of 20. I know it’s cheaper than the other factory options but the initial look isn’t the best.

Compared to black hills- can’t tell a difference in overall length or brass quality. Bullets look the same. Box velocity states 2700 (we will see what I get out of an 18in tikka). I’m hoping this serves as a solid option to the black hills considering it’s .86 cpr. But I suppose we will see when I get it to the range to group it and shoot it at distance.

More to follow.

waspocrew

WKR
I’ve been tempted to try this ammo out. Bummer to hear about the bad rounds - a little surprising as I’ve shot 300 rounds of the AAC Black Sabre and it’s been great. No dinged cases, trouble chambering, etc.

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been eyeing it as well. Pretty significant cost savings compared to black hills. The little bit of talk I’ve seen about it so far was that it did not group as well as black hills.

Taudisio

WKR
Echoing @waspocrew, brass was decent too. Their primer crimp was sorry at best and I ruined a lot by reaming the pocket. I won’t be reaming them if I keep more to reload.

I have some of this along with their 77gr 5.56. Haven't shot any of it it yet out of my AR. I am hoping for decent accuracy at some distance and at least the TMK is known for great terminal effect. It is easy to pick up a little bit here and there at their prices.

ElPollo

WKR
Interested to hear other’s results on the TMK load. I picked up some of the 75 gr Saber just before the TMK came out. Have not noticed any QC issues yet, but did get significantly bigger groups than black hills or the other 77 TMK load I have. The price is certainly attractive.

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just got 700 rounds in of the 77 gr TMK from AAC. The 77 OTM and 75 Sabre have both shot well for me out of a 1/7 gas gun. About 1.5 moa for the first few groups. I will shoot some groups soon with all 3 flavors and update

OP
Ajsomp

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
Interested to hear other’s results on the TMK load. I picked up some of the 75 gr Saber just before the TMK came out. Have not noticed any QC issues yet, but did get significantly bigger groups than black hills or the other 77 TMK load I have. The price is certainly attractive.
Yeah my hope was to have this be the practice round and keep the BH for zeroing/truing and then hunting as applicable.

I can deal with a few rounds being off and I’m hoping that’s a rarity- but I figured there were enough people interested in another factory loading with the TMK

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been tempted to try this ammo out. Bummer to hear about the bad rounds - a little surprising as I’ve shot 300 rounds of the AAC Black Sabre and it’s been great. No dinged cases, trouble chambering, etc.
Same, 75 gr black tip has been grouping at 1.3" for 10 shot groups from my rss. I did have one ftf but I tried it again and it went off. Nothing to sneeze at for the price imo.

I scoured the internet and found any offerings of loaded 77gr TMK I could buy and the AAC was the least accurate, but not horrible. I use it as a practice round and not worry about poor groups. my notes show velocity out of a 22" stainless t3x closer to 2800 fps, with not horrible es and sd #'s.

slowelk

WKR
I tried the AAC 77gr TMK in my LMT Mars-L, it shot significantly worse than the OTM and SMK from AAC. 2-3" groups, mostly on the high side of that range, whereas the OTM and SMK were consistently 1.5-2", and most were right around 1.5".

ID_Matt

WKR
I'm not sure how relevant it is to this, but I use the 75 grain AAC in my AR and have been 100% happy with it. 1.5" or less 10 shot groups with a cheap AR build. The SMK's were not nearly as good so I assumed the TMK would be the same story.

TxLite

WKR
Mine came in yesterday and was able to shoot with it today. Groups were fine for my uses and the scope I was using isn’t exactly a precision scope (accupoint 2.5-12.5 mil dot covers up a lot of the aiming point). Really impressed with the SD’s. 16” tikka with sico scythe. For comparison the Hornady black 75gr bthp had an SD of 20.9 for 4 shots.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 1.54.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 1.54.59 PM.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7604.jpeg
    IMG_7604.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 50

waspocrew

WKR
I’ll probably order some of the AAC TMK shortly, it seems fairly accurate from reports above.

On a related note, the 75 gr ACC Sabre shot ok out of my Tikka CTR. The disappointment was a huge ES though - 10 shots with my Garmin showed an ES of 324, which isn’t exactly the best for precision.

TxLite

WKR
I’ll probably order some of the AAC TMK shortly, it seems fairly accurate from reports above.

On a related note, the 75 gr ACC Sabre shot ok out of my Tikka CTR. The disappointment was a huge ES though - 10 shots with my Garmin showed an ES of 324, which isn’t exactly the best for precision.
I didn’t shoot much out of mine. Maybe 10 total. Only chrono’d these 4 (completely forgot I even had it with me until after the first couple shots). I’m looking forward to shooting a bunch more of it.

KJ_ND

FNG
I shoot 60 rds of it this weekend and had 3 FTF out of two different rifles and a cracked piece of brass. Here are some chrono numbers compared to AAC 77 gr OTM and IMI M193 out of a 18" 223 wylde 1:8 ar15.

Attachments

• 20240721_111424.jpg
    20240721_111424.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240721-150904_ShotView.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721-150904_ShotView.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 38