A300 Ultima Feedback

sndmn11

WKR
Does anyone have field experience with an A300 Ultima? I didn't realize the 20ga version was under 7lbs, and it caught my eye. Especially the 24" "turkey" model seems like it would be handy for blue grouse.

I do have a 20ga/26" Affinty that I got recently, and it is fine, but we are looking to add one more shotgun to the family.

I am running a 20 and the 12 turkey for upland. Best, most reliable, shotgun available IMO. Second only to V3 in soft shooting.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I am running a 20 and the 12 turkey for upland. Best, most reliable, shotgun available IMO. Second only to V3 in soft shooting.
I can't find great, or even good, info on the turkey model.

-I assume the rail comes off.
-Do they come with shims for drop/cast?
-Does the turkey model include other chokes?
-I saw one short video of a Beretta guy saying the turkey model was ported/gassed for heavy recoil loads (i.e. turkey); do you know if that's true? If it is, does yours cycle light loads like id use for clays?

I can't find great, or even good, info on the turkey model.

-I assume the rail comes off.
-Do they come with shims for drop/cast?
-Does the turkey model include other chokes?
-I saw one short video of a Beretta guy saying the turkey model was ported/gassed for heavy recoil loads (i.e. turkey); do you know if that's true? If it is, does yours cycle light loads like id use for clays?
Yes rail comes off. I have mine configured as a standard upland gun. All chokes included as well as all shims (I am a lefty so this is a nice feature).
Interesting about gas system. I need to try light loads so not sure. I am sure that is adaptable easily.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
A buddy just picked up the Ultima and we shot it this weekend. Although not the turkey model. 12g and we ran everything through it from 2/34 9 shot dove loads to 3” #4’s. No issue cycling with any of them. Pulled it out of the box, wiped down, assembled and shot. It is now on my list to acquire. My benelli m2 will be up for sale shortly. The A300 has half the felt recoil and better controls. The A300 doesn’t bite your finger while loading and came with 5 chokes, shims and LOP adjustment piece. Worth it IMO.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
A buddy just picked up the Ultima and we shot it this weekend. Although not the turkey model. 12g and we ran everything through it from 2/34 9 shot dove loads to 3” #4’s. No issue cycling with any of them. Pulled it out of the box, wiped down, assembled and shot. It is now on my list to acquire. My benelli m2 will be up for sale shortly. The A300 has half the felt recoil and better controls. The A300 doesn’t bite your finger while loading and came with 5 chokes, shims and LOP adjustment piece. Worth it IMO.
Rad, I missed out on the turkey model sale, but palmetto still has the 28" models on sale and sportsman's matched the price on both it and the turkey one.