A Giraffe with a 6UM

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Over the past eight months, I've been criticized by numerous people who claim that a 6mm cannot kill a giraffe. They argued that it was unethical and that the giraffe may suffer for days or weeks before dying. One person even emailed me, insisting that a giraffe's hide is one inch thick and that the bullet would either bounce off or penetrate only a few inches. The professional hunter (a great human) was also very hesitant. However, two weeks after the giraffe was shot, several people contacted me to dispute my account. As a result, I will be sharing the unedited video below.

The professional hunter (PH) instructed me to take one shot and then wait to observe the giraffe's reaction. He explained that giraffes usually don't run far after one shot, but after a second shot, they tend to flee until they feel safe. The PH also mentioned that giraffes typically take one to three minutes to die, and more often than not, they require multiple shots. As a side note, this was the 15th animal my wife or I shot using the 6UM and the 115 NR Dtac. The results have been remarkable.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Another beautiful example of reality versus internet theory. What a world we live in these days with guys who would rather argue on a keyboard instead of going outside and learning.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Where was your shot placement again?

Also, that deep voice guy who hangs out with Ron Spomer would shit. Haha. That guy is a dipshit.

<Deep Voice Guy> “A 6mm anything is highly unethical for giraffe due to its lack of foot pounds of energy. That cartridge would instead be suited for game such as field mice and squirrels. To hunt a giraffe successfully, one needs a minimum of 240,000 foot pounds, achieved by the 780 Double Dong Magnum…topped off with a Barnes bullet of course, for DEEEEP penetration.”

lintond

WKR
Makes me feel good knowing that size doesn’t matter!

Did you find hunting in Africa exciting? It doesn’t look very appealing to me, maybe because it’s flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk