90 lb bows

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
This thread got me wondering what the quickest first post to banned record is?

I mean, aside from spam posts, this guy was pretty efficient at getting banned. Took less than 30 minutes. Being disrespectful to a mod with your second post is a bad look.
If I had to guess, I'd say you just saw it lol

Yoder

WKR
An "idgaf about your opinion" disclaimer in the very first sentence of very first post. I was slightly disappointed a moderator was on the scene so quickly.
He could have been a little more polite but I think this guy was spot on. Pretty much everyone on the thread proved his point. He didn't want to see 50 posts about "what do you need that for?" It does get old after a while.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I think 80lbs is the max on components so far, and that’s pushing it. I’ve had two 80lbs bows, both had catastrophic failures. Heaviest reliable draw I’ve had so far is a Mathew’s VXR at 76lbs, 3 years and a lot of arrows, zero issues.

I think 80lbs is the max on components so far, and that’s pushing it. I’ve had two 80lbs bows, both had catastrophic failures. Heaviest reliable draw I’ve had so far is a Mathew’s VXR at 76lbs, 3 years and a lot of arrows, zero issues.
*whiney B voiced activated**

BUT CAM HANES HAS A 90# bow and he shoots a jillion arrows a year. That must mean 90# bows are good to go for the regular market

S.Clancy

WKR
As soon as I saw his first statement I looked at his join date and thought "he's not gonna last long".

Heavier draw limbs aren't all they're "cracked" up to be.......or maybe they are. My bow had 70lb limbs and those lasted 3 years until a yoke loop broke at full draw and destroyed the limbs and the cams. I always wanted an 80lb bow, and the company only had 80lb limbs on their shelf so that worked out OK. But the two bottom limbs both splintered within a couple months. I went through four sets of limbs that splintered in the last four years. I don't know if it's my almost 33" draw length or that's just a contributing factor. But after one of the limbs splintered on this last set, I turned the bow down. The company doesn't have anymore limbs of any weight for my bow, so I have to make these last.....LOL.
If I had a 33" draw I would shoot a 55lb bow. But alas, I have T-rex arms...

S.Clancy

WKR
Huh, I've shot 80lb bows for 7-8 years and never had an issue. The only thing I notice is my strings tend to wear faster than they did with 70 lbs (Hoyt and Elite).

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Huh, I've shot 80lb bows for 7-8 years and never had an issue. The only thing I notice is my strings tend to wear faster than they did with 70 lbs (Hoyt and Elite).
Yea I’ve been shooting them about 5. I had the PSE levitate axle snap at full draw. The other was a Hoyt RX-3 yoke splitter broke coming into full draw, punched myself in the mouth real hard on that one and sent an arrow into oblivion. Destroyed the cables but limbs were ok.
To be fair with the Hoyt, I shot that thing a ton. They don’t use the splitters anymore so won’t be an issue.
I haven’t learned my lesson though because I’m in the market for another, just waiting to see what’s coming out this year.

S.Clancy

WKR
Yea I’ve been shooting them about 5. I had the PSE levitate axle snap at full draw. The other was a Hoyt RX-3 yoke splitter broke coming into full draw, punched myself in the mouth real hard on that one and sent an arrow into oblivion. Destroyed the cables but limbs were ok.
To be fair with the Hoyt, I shot that thing a ton. They don’t use the splitters anymore so won’t be an issue.
I haven’t learned my lesson though because I’m in the market for another, just waiting to see what’s coming out this year.
I shot a Hoyt Faktor 30 and both my brother and I currently shoot Elite Impulse 34's with 80 lb limbs. I like the Impulse a lot more than the Hoyt, mostly because the Elite is so much easier to tune. You must have some terrible luck

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I shot a Hoyt Faktor 30 and both my brother and I currently shoot Elite Impulse 34's with 80 lb limbs. I like the Impulse a lot more than the Hoyt, mostly because the Elite is so much easier to tune. You must have some terrible luck
Seems that way, especially this season! I’ll check out the Elites, only ever shot Hoyt/Mathews/PSE.

S.Clancy

WKR
Seems that way, especially this season! I’ll check out the Elites, only ever shot Hoyt/Mathews/PSE.
They don't get a ton of press out west for whatever reason, but they are quiet, easy to tune and very shootable. I have a 28" draw, and I am shooting a ~530 gr arrow 275-276 fps with my bow maxed @ 81-82 lbs. Plus, you can get them real cheap if you are someone who will buy a bow used.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
He could have been a little more polite but I think this guy was spot on. Pretty much everyone on the thread proved his point. He didn't want to see 50 posts about "what do you need that for?" It does get old after a while.
I agree. Problem was his reply to my response. I understood his frustration but the attitude didn’t subside.

dtrkyman

WKR
I shot 80lb bows for years back in the day, none ever failed. One even survived a partial dry fire when a nock broke on release!

Never pushed the light arrow weight limit though!

Hey y'all
Let me put this disclaimer first, idgaf what your opinion on this subject is. I'm looking for info on this subject, if you don't have it, then piss off

So it seems it's almost impossible to find a newer 90lb bow. Call me a meat head idc, but it seems like only pro shooters are allowed to have 90lb bows.
I've seen some people say wake limbs will fit a mathews V3 and that'll push them up to 90+ but I'm having trouble finding if that is true or not. I also talked to a guy that said a pse omen with different limbs may pull at 85-90lbs. Does anyone have any real info about getting a 90 lb bow without twisting the cables?
Actually i have a 85/90 lb Martin archery compound bow haven't been able to find another one online but i still has it 😅