8x vs 10x

How was the difference between the Diamondback and Razor models? Pretty noticeable or not so much?

It was night and day. If I go Razor, it’s definitely going to be 8x42. That, in the Viper (only 8x42 they had on display), gave me the view that I liked the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely some quality mavens at that price point. I would also consider nikon monarch HG 8x42 for its wide field of view. It makes big difference when you are scanning

8X vs 10X
Don't forget about the field of view, 8X is around 400 ft at 1000 yds while the 10X is around 300 feet at 1000 yds. The 8X makes it much easier to find the area that your naked eye wanted to see with more definition.
That being said, I have a pair of each but usually wear the 8X in the field. Plus they 8X are normally a bit more compact and lighter.
Light gathering is affected by lense size and NOT by magnification power.
An 8 X 40 will gather eqaul amounts of light as a 10 X 40. 40 being the common denominator.
I'm no optics engineer, but MY eyes definitely see better in low light through an 8x magnification vs a 10x of the same binocular. I'd bet the 8x transmits more light through.

Back