8x binocs

troutdreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I tool the advise of some Mavens on this site and BF and purchased a B.3. I am very happy with my purchase. The bins are very bright and fit well for me.
beded25992f0d3b7522a24dd20c8e9b2.jpg

jherald

WKR
Probably been mentioned here but 8X bino against 10X or 15X, the 8X will generally have more exit pupil=more light to the eye=better image. More magnification will give you a closer look but may not be as clear in the wee early or late hours where there isnt a whole lot of light. Generally speaking though, as the quality of the image increases exponentially with quality of glass.

MT Bill

FNG
I've always leaned toward the 10x, but more and more I like the 8x. I think my next set will be 8x or maybe the 9x45 Maven B2.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
I'm using 10x42s now and miss my 8xs when stalking for one handed use, those Mavens look nice and really light, might have to get a pair.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Has anyone here used both the Maven b3s and the Zeiss Conquest HDs side by side in the field? I'm torn between these two. I can get them for about the same cost, so money isn't much of a concern. My understanding is that both have excellent warrantees. Both get good reviews online, from what I've read. The Mavens are REALLY light, which is appealing to me for backcountry hunts.

I'm teetering back and forth between these two... Input appreciated!

Trial153

WKR
I can't speak for the Maven's but I recently purchased 8x32 conquest HD's, they are a lot of glass for the money, clear to the edges, generously wide FOV, the ergonomics are excellent as they feel great in your hands with no hard angles. I am pleased with them so far.

dotman

WKR
I can't speak for the Maven's but I recently purchased 8x32 conquest HD's, they are a lot of glass for the money, clear to the edges, generously wide FOV, the ergonomics are excellent as they feel great in your hands with no hard angles. I am pleased with them so far.

X2.... I'm very pleased with the conquest HD's. I think there is a review of the mavens vs a few others, see if you can find a review of the conquests vs the same optics the maven was compared to. Might give you somewhat of an idea a comparison could be. I remember reading somewhere that in the conquest HD line the 8x32 was the best overall performer.

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
I sent my B2 in for a customization job and ordered a customized B3. The B2 had a speck of dust in it so they sent it back. I told them to just send both when they got them. That should be next week. I'll post comments.

Scott - I think I just might follow in your footsteps primarily for weight savings. I have a pair of Leica 7X42BN that come in about 31.3oz. Couple them with a Badlands Bino Pack at 15.9oz for comfort and the carry weight just becomes stoopid.

For those with larger #x42 binos, is the weight savings by going with an 8x30-32 really "felt" on the trail? Thanks for pointing out Frank's review on the B3.