$82k- edit; for a 4 door Jeep Rubicon

I don’t really notice the local Jeeps having the rubber ducks, but once the tourists start showing up in the summer to get their Jeep badges for the various alpine passes, it’s ducks galore.

I get the practical application of keeps: it’s a capable off-road vehicle you can buy stock and go for some terrain that is aftermarket on most other vehicles. I don’t get the Jeep culture. Reckon that “I don’t get it” so much that I have 0 people in my immediate social circle that drive a Jeep. A guy at my gym who routinely asks for a spot on his very impressive bench press has a pimped out jeep. I asked him if he gets out after the alpine trails and he said, “he’ll no. I don’t drive anything I might die on.”
Ok.

-snotty high school girls seem to get Jeeps as graduation presents.

-Gen X Moms complete with giant scarfs, wine tumblers, designer purses, cracked I phone screen, non functional fingernails. (See former snotty high school girls)

What I don’t see are a lot of beat-to-shit jeeps. Ie this Jeep as been out in the trenches, hit a deer, got some battle scars in Moab. I’m talking the rough equivalent to seeing a 1st Gen Taco with Icon suspension on it. Beat to shit but with high end components because it gets used. That doesn’t seem like much of a thing in Jeep culture. They don’t last that long?

I always get a kick out of seeing the overbuilt Jeeps in a line on the Loop and then a stock Subaru or camper van drives by. You know 99% of those jeeps never see anything worse than a gravel road with a few exposed rocks.

OverInfinite

Lil-Rokslider
Dang, so much judgement on here..
I have owned a grip of jeeps and have scratched them up and used them well. My current xj is getting fiberglass fenders and door trimming for 37s...
That said, I don't like my stuff looking "beat". I don't mind scratching them, but clean them up.
Same judgement that you think it's insane to own a king ranch.. maybe some people value having nice things. Even if he can't afford it, it's not your responsibility to make the payment. Let people want and buy what they want without getting crucified about it.

Have you seen the new pretty Stanley mugs.
Defiantly not what my grandpa and dad carried to work
Thats what I'm referring to as flash and glamor.
Not good old Stanley green
To be fair, no i haven’t seen anything new from Stanley as i have only my Dads 40 yo one and one i bought myself about 10 years ago or so. Both are good old fashioned Stanley green.

A fool and their money are soon parted. Can’t blame Stanley for going after fools buying multiple pretty mugs .

But your point is taken now on account of me being ignorant of the fact Stanley is making “trendy” stuff .

grfox92

WKR
Scheels, Iowa City. $45 Stanley Mugs.
b422269a77c7c31781178428a9c163f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

hunterjmj

WKR
Scheels, Iowa City. $45 Stanley Mugs.
b422269a77c7c31781178428a9c163f4.jpg

I was in Williston last year and this gas station (M&H) had tumblers for $9.99 with a free fill of soda or coffee. Bought 2 and use it everyday. Probably manufactured at the same place as yeti and Stanley.

grfox92

WKR
I was in Williston last year and this gas station (M&H) had tumblers for $9.99 with a free fill of soda or coffee. Bought 2 and use it everyday. Probably manufactured at the same place as yeti and Stanley.
I use my Scheels branded mug I got for free when I opened a Scheels Credit card to get a discount on some Kennetreks.

TxxAgg

WKR
Dang, so much judgement on here..
I have owned a grip of jeeps and have scratched them up and used them well. My current xj is getting fiberglass fenders and door trimming for 37s...
That said, I don't like my stuff looking "beat". I don't mind scratching them, but clean them up.
Same judgement that you think it's insane to own a king ranch.. maybe some people value having nice things. Even if he can't afford it, it's not your responsibility to make the payment. Let people want and buy what they want without getting crucified about it.

People aren't being mean. They are being realists. Stop being sensitive.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Buddy of mine just bought a new Raptor Bronco. 20k over sticker, dealer had 20 people fighting over it at that price. KC MO.
I heard of a guy that just paid 50k over sticker for a new corvette z06. 50k!!!!

Breaking news!!!!!!!!!!! People dont have to buy a new rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They can buy used stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaking news, somebody has to buy new vehicles in order for there to be used vehicles. When new vehicle prices are as high as they are a lot of people don’t want to buy new, they’d rather drive what they have into the ground. This creates a shortage of good used vehicles which in turn drives up the price of good used vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
People aren't being mean. They are being realists. Stop being sensitive.
People are being realists by dictating to other people how they should spend their money? Nah, they are being Kevin’s (that is the male equivalent of a Karen) and should rightly mind their own dammed business.

Last edited:
Where on earth are you guys getting your numbers???

The Jeep Wagoneer starts at $60k. I could not find a single Jeep Renegade listed for more than $40k in the PNW.

I just bought a loaded 4x4 pickup with less than 2k miles for $34k.

Blows my mind that people can get this worked up over imaginary situations.

Where on earth did you find a loaded 4x4 truck with less than 2k miles for $34K, was it at a junkyard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony

WKR
To be fair, no i haven’t seen anything new from Stanley as i have only my Dads 40 yo one and one i bought myself about 10 years ago or so. Both are good old fashioned Stanley green.

A fool and their money are soon parted. Can’t blame Stanley for going after fools buying multiple pretty mugs .

But your point is taken now on account of me being ignorant of the fact Stanley is making “trendy” stuff .
Nah, friend, no ignorance. Again, I applaud any outfit that can reinvent themselves and strip fools of their money. I have a really cool stanley thermos, top is 2 coffee cups, cap holds cream and the bottom pops open and holds sugar packs. I dropped the damn thing and its cheaper to buy a new one than inner glass.

Reference jeep ducks, its huge here in SE Ohio / WV some of these jeeps windows are so full of them I don't know how they can see.
Whats up with the stupid waving at each other?
And I'd love to have a gladiator

Now this is a Jeep owner

dtrkyman

WKR
I built a Chevy work truck online for the heck of it with some nice options, came in over 50k, ouch!

2531usmc

WKR
Nah, friend, no ignorance. Again, I applaud any outfit that can reinvent themselves and strip fools of their money. I have a really cool stanley thermos, top is 2 coffee cups, cap holds cream and the bottom pops open and holds sugar packs. I dropped the damn thing and its cheaper to buy a new one than inner glass.

Reference jeep ducks, its huge here in SE Ohio / WV some of these jeeps windows are so full of them I don't know how they can see.
Whats up with the stupid waving at each other?
And I'd love to have a gladiator

Now this is a Jeep owner
Yeah, you have to hand it to Yeti. They took common everyday items, coolers & cups, and turned them into gold.

Marketing genius