7mm PRC handload

Looking into places that sell 7mm PRC handholds/ custom loads? Thanks

Savage 110 ultralight w proof barrel in 7mm PRC

Curious what type of load you are looking for as there are some pretty decent options on the market from the factory... it's alleviated my need to handload and I just run factory most of the time now.

Just curious as to whats out there. Buddy of mine and myself going to Montana this year for deer/elk general in Nov. He was interested in handloads and not on Rokslide. I knew you guys would be of much help
Thanks

Just curious as to whats out there. Buddy of mine and myself going to Montana this year for deer/elk general in Nov. He was interested in handloads and not on Rokslide. I knew you guys would be of much help
Thanks

Sweet, good luck!

For that, ELD-X (Federal > Hornady in my testing) or Terminal ascent would be my recommendation.

ELD-M is also a good hunting bullet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tnanselmo

FNG
I bought both the ELD-X and the ELD-M for my Savagae 110 Ultralite, is there one that is superior to the other or how would I end up deciding which one to use? Any advice would be appreciated, I don't know too much about ammo and am wanting to learn more

TheViking

WKR
I have bought from a few and had good luck -

You can usually order a 'test pack' - 5 of one type, 5 of another, etc for a box of 20 and see which loads shoot the best in your rifle. I have done with this with Choice and North American. Both have been great to work with. They aren't cheap, but they are very consistent loads. Buying a test pack is nice, before committing to buying a few boxes that might not shoot great out of your rifle.

hiker270

WKR
I bought both the ELD-X and the ELD-M for my Savagae 110 Ultralite, is there one that is superior to the other or how would I end up deciding which one to use? Any advice would be appreciated, I don't know too much about ammo and am wanting to learn more
Let your rifle decide what ammo it prefers. I tried the Hornady 175 ELD-X and it showed signs of pressure and was not accurate. Switched to the Federal 175 ELD-X and had no pressure and MOA accuracy. Federal also has the 170 Terminal Ascent in 7PRC. If your rifle shoots the 170 Terminal Ascent it would be and excellent bullet for both deer and elk.

tnanselmo

FNG
Let your rifle decide what ammo it prefers. I tried the Hornady 175 ELD-X and it showed signs of pressure and was not accurate. Switched to the Federal 175 ELD-X and had no pressure and MOA accuracy. Federal also has the 170 Terminal Ascent in 7PRC. If your rifle shoots the 170 Terminal Ascent it would be and excellent bullet for both deer and elk.
That makes sense, thank you!

grfox92

WKR
Great question. I’m hoping they eventually pick it up so I’m not forced to handload for it to get good results
Yea I would have just assumed that cartridge was a given. Although the factory Hornady stuff is supposed to be top notch, according to Gunwerks.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

TheViking

WKR
Yea I would have just assumed that cartridge was a given. Although the factory Hornady stuff is supposed to be top notch, according to Gunwerks.

Do a quick search - no one has had much luck with factory Hornady stuff (specific to 7 PRC). First matches were really hot (heavy bolt lift, bolt face indents, second batch is better but super slow. 150-200fps slower than box velocity (w/ 24”barrel). Federal has been outshining them big time in the ELDX loads. 100fps faster and better groups.

grfox92

WKR
Do a quick search - no one has had much luck with factory Hornady stuff (specific to 7 PRC). First matches were really hot (heavy bolt lift, bolt face indents, second batch is better but super slow. 150-200fps slower than box velocity (w/ 24”barrel). Federal has been outshining them big time in the ELDX loads. 100fps faster and better groups.
Interesting. I just know Gunwerks no longer loads any Hornady bullets because they say Hornady is putting out such good ammunition. Maybe 7PRC is an exception.