75 Hard

KY Ryan

FNG
Anyone doing 75 Hard for 2023? I’m on day 7. Turning 40 in July and thought it was the best way to start off the year. Im interested in hearing in ideas for outdoor workouts. I’ve been running and climbing the stairs at a college football stadium. I’m traveling this week but plan on rucking more when I get home. The program is time consuming but I like how it requires me to be intentional with my time.

amassi

WKR
I have 2 high energy dogs so we aggressively walk them for one of my workouts 2-3 of those ill wear my ruck. 2-3 will be at a walk trying to keep 4mph speed.

My gym is in my garage so technically both are outdoors most days.

I don't find it that time consuming, I spend an additional hour per day working out but I just pull out distractions. I normally read and cold shower so the only big change is the second workout and progress pics. And since I don't normally work out every day I'll add low intensity stuff like yoga and spin classes

I started things off on Monday (as I am sure many others did as well). I am excited about pushing myself, but curious on what it will reveal to me over the coming weeks. I am at the gym lifting at 5AM everyday, and then I usually hammer out 45min of walking everyday at lunch. I also follow that up with walking after work, which is just something to do. I am ok with things as they stand where I live, but I am a little worried about what will happen once we get hammered with another blizzard. I guess I just need to strap on the snowshoes and get after it. Looking forward to this program in so many ways.

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
In 2023 I decided to join a proper gym and this year i am more conscious about my own health. This year I spent 2 hours daily working out. Sometimes I think I open a gym at home.

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
I’m doing 75 medium. Everything except 1 workout per day. Just don’t have time for 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdman88

Lil-Rokslider
On day 21. I either run or ruck with about 50#. Running is rough on my knees. Mainly meat with a small amount of fruit for my diet and never felt better. Could have more to do with the no booze lol.

Just found this here, I’m starting Monday morning. How did everyone do??

OP
KY Ryan

KY Ryan

FNG
Finished earlier in March. Took a couple weeks off and started again. I enjoy the discipline of being intentional about my diet and time. Lost about 13 pounds while gaining a couple pounds of muscle. Body fat % down to 14%. I have several friends that failed bc they chose a diet that was too restrictive. My recommendation is choose something simple that is sustainable after the challenge is over. Doesn’t do you any good to have a strict diet that you can’t wait to end. You risk returning to your normal habits and lose any progress you made. I had success from simply cutting out my 3 worst problems (chips, sweets, and overeating). After seeing the results, I have no desire to change back. Just a recommendation. I hope everyone does well and hits their goals.

Finished earlier in March. Took a couple weeks off and started again. I enjoy the discipline of being intentional about my diet and time. Lost about 13 pounds while gaining a couple pounds of muscle. Body fat % down to 14%. I have several friends that failed bc they chose a diet that was too restrictive. My recommendation is choose something simple that is sustainable after the challenge is over. Doesn’t do you any good to have a strict diet that you can’t wait to end. You risk returning to your normal habits and lose any progress you made. I had success from simply cutting out my 3 worst problems (chips, sweets, and overeating). After seeing the results, I have no desire to change back. Just a recommendation. I hope everyone does well and hits their goals.

Right on, good work man! Have you looked into doing Live Hard next?

OP
KY Ryan

KY Ryan

FNG
I’m sticking with 75 hard and making those activities permanent. However this time around, I’m not limiting the second workout to being outside. The weather is usually great this time of year. I don’t feel like my mental toughness improves by going for a jog in 70 degree weather. Instead, I’ve chosen a few weaknesses I want to improve on. That usually keeps me inside but I get more productive workouts. Follow the rules the first time and then figure out what you need to work on.

I’m sticking with 75 hard and making those activities permanent. However this time around, I’m not limiting the second workout to being outside. The weather is usually great this time of year. I don’t feel like my mental toughness improves by going for a jog in 70 degree weather. Instead, I’ve chosen a few weaknesses I want to improve on. That usually keeps me inside but I get more productive workouts. Follow the rules the first time and then figure out what you need to work on.

Good for you man. Keep on keepin on

JohnnyB

WKR
Late to the party but I am on day 30. I row or lift in the gym and run, ruck or walk outdoors depending on the day ( 2 runs, 2 rucks, 3 walks).
Hardest part is finding time to drink and pee.

Late to the party but I am on day 30. I row or lift in the gym and run, ruck or walk outdoors depending on the day ( 2 runs, 2 rucks, 3 walks).
Hardest part is finding time to drink and pee.

Dang your getting close to the halfway point! I’m kinda on the same workout schedule. Lift early in the morning then some sort of walk/hike/run either when I get home from the gym or in the afternoon. What diet are you sticking to?

JohnnyB

WKR
My diet is just eat healthy and no Pepsi or candy. I started this to get a little boost before spring bear season without focusing on weight loss. Still, I have dropped 15 pounds so far.

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
My diet is just eat healthy and no Pepsi or candy. I started this to get a little boost before spring bear season without focusing on weight loss. Still, I have dropped 15 pounds so far.
Hope it all went well for you man! I saw the title of this thread and had to click into it. I finished 75 hard back in April and I really do recommend it for people who want a lifestyle change.