700 footprint, non-90 degree?

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I have a Greyboe Trekker stock that I got for a project that never materialized and no one is buying it, so I figured I would turn it back into a project.

It has a 700 universal footprint. I don’t like 90 degree bolt throw; I use throw levers on all my scopes and there is clearance issues.

What 700 footprint actions have 70 degree or less bolt throw?

Terminus, ARC, what else?

Thanks

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Thank you.

I have an M5 floor plate BDL mag, that will also limit what actions work correct?

Tdonat

FNG
Terminus actions are a 60° throw as well. I’m running their Apollo action on my hunting rig this year and it’s freaking slick.

TxLite

WKR
Going through the same right now and have been eyeing the new Impact 737’s with 75 degree throw or a Terminus. But not sure that either is worth the additional $700 over an Aero Solus, not having handled any of the 3.

Impact (737R or NBK) w/ 75 degree bolt, Terminus actions, Aero Solus, GAP Tempest, and BAT Hammerhead are options that meet that requirement. Unsure how many of them are BDL compatible though. Personally I'd just go with a detachable magazine with the right bottom metal.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a new action coming out from Impact. Heard ballpark price will be $1080ish.

Some info Tate posted
- Utilizes the same bolt as the 737/SA NBK. Will come standard with a 75 degree bolt but have the option for a 90.

- machined on, integral lug

- Will have the same tenon as the 737R.

IMG_2769.jpeg

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Since I have the m5 floor plate and magazine I would prefer to use it since that wasn’t cheap. I guess I will reach out to the companies and see which are compatible.

I was thinking of making it my wife’s rifle since the Trekker is pretty light at 31oz. Couple it with a 16-18” fluted barrel in 22 or 6mm Dasher or something like that, suppressed of course. She’s very recoil averse from a shoulder surgery due to a car accident. I think having the BDL style, specifically not dumping a mag on accident or ease of loading, may be a benefit in this use case… at least that’s my justification right now.

Since I have the m5 floor plate and magazine I would prefer to use it since that wasn’t cheap. I guess I will reach out to the companies and see which are compatible.

I was thinking of making it my wife’s rifle since the Trekker is pretty light at 31oz. Couple it with a 16-18” fluted barrel in 22 or 6mm Dasher or something like that, suppressed of course. She’s very recoil averse from a shoulder surgery due to a car accident. I think having the BDL style, specifically not dumping a mag on accident or ease of loading, may be a benefit in this use case… at least that’s my justification right now.

Pure Precision and Bat will work with a BDL.

ChrisAU

WKR
I was definitely stuck in the less than 90* crowd, and absolutely love my Cooper 92, Terminus Apollo Lite and ARC CDG, but the I got talked into trying a Falkor LW7. It’s 90* but I have zero issues with the bolt clearing a Maven RS1.2 with low Hawkins Hybrid rings and I love everything else about it so much I’m now building two more rifles on them.

khuber84

WKR
American rifle Co: mausingfield, archimedes, nucleus, Cous De grace(not bdl compatible)

I personally love my 2x archimedes actions, sadly the discontinued them and the nucleus in favor of a not so much better Cous De grace.

If I was chasing a lightweight hunting setup, I'd prob try out the Pure skltn stainless action. It has the short angle lift and is very lightweight.

gabenzeke

WKR
I have an unused LA/Mag ARC CDG that I would be willing to sell, but you'd have to go with a different bottom metal.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
If you have an M5 cut on your stock, go with the hawkins hunter bottom metal. Use AI mags for practice and their flush mag for hunting. It's the best of both worlds.