7 to 10 day backpack

S.Clancy

WKR
It depends on how you pack and if you are going solo or with a partner. I do 4 days in an Exo 2000. I also have a 5500, but have never gone more than 7-8 days and had a bunch of room still. I do not pack anything besides the absolute essentials.

I would say 5000 cu in as a minimum, but you'll likely need much more cause most people bring a ton of stuff.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Ma Duece from Kifaru. Its huge but its also almost entirely covered in webbing so you can attach anything to it.

In my profile photo I have the native on the ma Duece with some belt pouches. All of camp and a boned out black tail deer in that pack in the photo. It will hold and handle more than you can carry.

MattB

WKR
Kifaru Fulcrum is another option, a bit heavier than some others but is great in daypack mode.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of variables depending on time of year and location so while a warm september hunt could be done with 3500ci it might take 6500 if its gonna be in BC with cold and rain thrown in the mix. Most packs made by the top tier brands will compress and work just fine for a daypack so id be more concerned with how the frame fits you than anything. A pound difference here or there between brands wont make or break a 10 day hunt but an uncomfortable pack certainly can.

Long trip. IMO the difference between 3-5 and 7-10 days is going to be mostly food. You may want to consider a 70-80 liter pack and a camp or food bag. A bigger pack may suit on a long trip but will be less versatile for shorter stuff.

I am an MR fan and favor a beartooth or a Metcalf. The Metcalf makes a better daypack.

Deadfall

WKR
I like my kifaru reckoning. I’ve only used it for a 4 day trip, but there was plenty of room left. The guide lid adds a lot more room and organization. Not the lightest pack out there but probably the toughest and very versatile. Once camp was set up it cinched down pretty small for hunting out of. I used the guide lid only for things I didn’t plan on hunting with so it was easy to unclip and leave at camp saving weight and bulk while still keeping everything organized.
I can second this. Double tough bag