7 prc for Colorado mule deer

PapD

FNG
How do people feel about 7 prc for mule deer in Colorado? I’m hunting 211/11 2nd rifle and am curious what the shots will be like and if 7 prc is too much (not that overkill is always a bad thing) I’ve hunted around Meeker for archery elk but never those units for rifle deer. Also curious if anyone knows how the winter hurt those areas if anyone has local knowledge. Thanks

Hnthrdr

WKR
What is your expectation for the hunt? If you are looking to tag a forky I saw a lot of those come from 211 last year, anything over 3.5 years old. Not so much

OP
P

PapD

FNG
what I figured… almost turned tag back in but whatever… next winter may be just as bad and worst that happens (tag wise) is I spend a week hunting in Colorado with some friends.

Ucsdryder

WKR
What is your expectation for the hunt? If you are looking to tag a forky I saw a lot of those come from 211 last year, anything over 3.5 years old. Not so much
All the forkys and fawns died this winter…seriously. I talked to a biologist that said very few sub 2.5 year old animals made it. So I guess that leaves…nothing! 😂

Hnthrdr

WKR
All the forkys and fawns died this winter…seriously. I talked to a biologist that said very few sub 2.5 year old animals made it. So I guess that leaves…nothing! 😂
Why any hunt is happening in that part of the state is beyond me… I mean collectively maybe all the “conservation” minded sportsmen should just not hunt it and give them a break for a few years

Ucsdryder

WKR
Why any hunt is happening in that part of the state is beyond me… I mean collectively maybe all the “conservation” minded sportsmen should just not hunt it and give them a break for a few years
I know you already know the answer….

$$$$$$$$$$$$$