6mm /.243 hunting success on Big Game

Form,

Does this hold true for even lighter bullets? The hornady 58 grain vmax in particular. I’m looking at picking up a tikka .243 (1:8 twist). That’s the smallest I’m able to go legally for big game but want to be able to shoot the lighter bullets for yotes, prairie dogs, etc. also and want to be sure it’s capable on the lower end before I buy.
Mine loves the 70 grain Blitzking

Ruger American Predator in 6mm creedmoor. Swapped out the stock for a magpul and put a leupold Vx3 on it with Warne rings. Convinced my 15 year old cousin to buy his first elk tag and we had open day success on his first big game animal! He made one shot, 320 yds up hill and a pretty decent quartering away angle and dumped this spike. Factory Hornady 108 ELDMs at 2915fps avg at the muzzle and impact @ ~2400fps. Bullet passed through and exited just behind the off side shoulder. I’m not saying I’ll only hunt with the 6mm from here on during rifle hunts but I won’t hesitate to use it on anything where I legally can!

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    714.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 28

atmat

WKR
Ruger American Predator in 6mm creedmoor. Swapped out the stock for a magpul and put a leupold Vx3 on it with Warne rings. Convinced my 15 year old cousin to buy his first elk tag and we had open day success on his first big game animal! He made one shot, 320 yds up hill and a pretty decent quartering away angle and dumped this spike. Factory Hornady 108 ELDMs at 2915fps avg at the muzzle and impact @ ~2400fps. Bullet passed through and exited just behind the off side shoulder. I’m not saying I’ll only hunt with the 6mm from here on during rifle hunts but I won’t hesitate to use it on anything where I legally can!
Awesome for your cousin, but I hate that barrel pointed straight at his face.