6gt vs. the 6.5 mm calibers.

JjamesIII

WKR
I have been ringing steel well past 1k with my 260 rem. It’s a target build that I will occasionally shoot varmints with. I had originally planned on big game hunting with it as well, but it’s a pig of a gun to haul around so I never have.
This barrel is almost shot out based on round count. Since I won’t use it for bigger animals, I’m considering going to the 6gt for varmints and steel as I’ve been with the 6.5mm. Is there a noticeable difference in ballistics and lighter recoil with the 6mm’s? I don’t want to switch unless there’s a marked improvement due to the fact that I’m stocked up on a bunch of components already and I’ve got the dies for the 260 and creedmoor.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It kind of depends what components you have IMO. I have a 6 creed and 6.5 creed and you can tell the difference between the two of them even! So when I jump down to my 6BRA its a big jump! Although I do not have a GT, there are a lot of guys using 4350 in them so if you have that powder you already have components that will work. I would say if the powders you have will not work then don't worry about the change.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
It kind of depends what components you have IMO. I have a 6 creed and 6.5 creed and you can tell the difference between the two of them even! So when I jump down to my 6BRA its a big jump! Although I do not have a GT, there are a lot of guys using 4350 in them so if you have that powder you already have components that will work. I would say if the powders you have will not work then don't worry about the change.
Thanks- makes sense. I’m sitting on a bunch of h-4350, which I never thought I could say while sleepy Joe is still sitting as president- lol. I think I will try out the 6gt. By the way, I built off of your chassis, I got in early, shortly after you guys first offered them. I like it a lot. I’m glad you guys appear to be doing well with the business. You make a good product. At the time chassis weren’t nearly as popular, but obviously many people, like myself, have found them to be a great platform to build a rifle on.

Reactions: XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks- makes sense. I’m sitting on a bunch of h-4350, which I never thought I could say while sleepy Joe is still sitting as president- lol. I think I will try out the 6gt. By the way, I built off of your chassis, I got in early, shortly after you guys first offered them. I like it a lot. I’m glad you guys appear to be doing well with the business. You make a good product. At the time chassis weren’t nearly as popular, but obviously many people, like myself, have found them to be a great platform to build a rifle on.
4350 is a hot commodity right now that's for sure! I have about 5 lbs left then I am going to try some N160 because I couldn't find any more. I am glad to hear that you are liking the chassis! If you ever need anything feel free to reach out!