6ARC Suppressor

I’ve been looking for a can for my 6ARC and seems to have a lot of solid options. I have an Enticer S-Ti coming, but plan to use that on my Bolt action. A few options I’ve been considering are the Huxwrx Flow 762 and CAT Noah. Has anyone had experience with these in an AR platform, or others they’ve really enjoyed? Given the back pressure, I heard these were 2 good options.

Spoonbill

WKR
My buddy has a few huxworx cans and says it is the only thing he will use on his gas guns. Ive personally never used one but he has an sot so he has compared it to several others.

seand

WKR
I was suprised at how quiet my UL7 is on my AR 6 arc. Turning the gas down via adj gas block with a classic higher backpressure can is pretty effective. I think the tests that show the flow thru cans as being great are ideal if you have a rifle that needs to function unsuppessed. But a precision/ hunting rifle, I’m not sure they are actually quieter than a good can with an adj gas block turned down.

OP
P
My buddy has a few huxworx cans and says it is the only thing he will use on his gas guns. Ive personally never used one but he has a sot so he has compared it to several others.
I was fully set on the HUX until I saw the overwhelming hype for CAT. Such a hard pick because they both seem to be great.

OP
P
Those CAT cans have been getting lots of hype, I’d take a hard look at the Noah.
I had actually not even heard of them until I
I was suprised at how quiet my UL7 is on my AR 6 arc. Turning the gas down via adj gas block with a classic higher backpressure can is pretty effective. I think the tests that show the flow thru cans as being great are ideal if you have a rifle that needs to function unsuppessed. But a precision/ hunting rifle, I’m not sure they are actually quieter than a good can with an adj gas block turned down.
Thats a good point. This will be primarily a hunting rig, so nothing that’s is going to be doing a lot of mag dumping. I’ve just heard about the back pressing being pretty bad, so I was thinking it might be better for the system to have the flow.

WKR
I’ve been looking for a can for my 6ARC and seems to have a lot of solid options. I have an Enticer S-Ti coming, but plan to use that on my Bolt action. A few options I’ve been considering are the Huxwrx Flow 762 and CAT Noah. Has anyone had experience with these in an AR platform, or others they’ve really enjoyed? Given the back pressure, I heard these were 2 good options.
A lot of it is system dependent, like how long your barrel and gas length are, but I have a 16" 6 arc that I shoot an enticer s on. Definitely not over gassy for bench shooting or hunting.

I had a hux 7.62qd (older version) on it and it was a little louder than the enticer s, but less dirty.

OP
P
A lot of it is system dependent, like how long your barrel and gas length are, but I have a 16" 6 arc that I shoot an enticer s on. Definitely not over gassy for bench shooting or hunting.

I had a hux 7.62qd (older version) on it and it was a little louder than the enticer s, but less dirty.
I actually am running a 16” proof as well. Would you say the flow made enough of a difference over the Enticer to justify, or was it more of a nice to have for you? I’m sure there’s a fair amount of back pressure, just trying to balance it since I have the S-ti on it’s way.

WKR
I actually am running a 16” proof as well. Would you say the flow made enough of a difference over the Enticer to justify, or was it more of a nice to have for you? I’m sure there’s a fair amount of back pressure, just trying to balance it since I have the S-ti on it’s way.
I pulled the hux can for the DD. Partly because it's a little quieter, partly because my hx-qd 7.62 and mount are over 20 Oz vs 14 for the enticer s. I like the hux can on my higher volume 223's where it's harder to hear a difference and running a little cleaner is nice. I'd try the sti before spending money on another can, especially for low volume/rate of fire applications.

Keep in mind that's the old hux version. Compared to a new flow 7.62 or even a ventum, I have no idea what that would be like, but I'm guessing both weight and sound would be more favorable on the hux's.

OP
P
I pulled the hux can for the DD. Partly because it's a little quieter, partly because my hx-qd 7.62 and mount are over 20 Oz vs 14 for the enticer s. I like the hux can on my higher volume 223's where it's harder to hear a difference and running a little cleaner is nice. I'd try the sti before spending money on another can, especially for low volume/rate of fire applications.

Keep in mind that's the old hux version. Compared to a new flow 7.62 or even a ventum, I have no idea what that would be like, but I'm guessing both weight and sound would be more favorable on the hux's.
That’s great insight, I will have to run some rounds and then see what it’s like. I’m really excited to give the Enticer a go.

Weldor

WKR
I have had no problems at all with gas guns using Sig 7.62, Harvester 30, Banish 30. All my gas guns have a adjustable gas key and adjustable gas block. BBL's run 16-20. Have run them on 7.62, 243, 300 BO 5.56 6mm arc and 6mm cm.

Last edited:
OP
P
I have had no problems at all with gas guns using Sig 7.62, Harvester 30, Banish 30. All my gas guns have an adjustable gat key and adjustable gas block. BBL's run 16-20. Have run them on 7.62, 243, 300 BO 5.56 6mm arc and 6mm cm.
That’s great. I’ve mostly heard that they just run cleaner with a higher flow can. I’m sure function is still there though.

Heads up, if anyone wants to buys a CAT can and is concerned about weight over ultimate durability for a particular build. Im waiting to get my noah swapped out for one within their weight specs so i havent gotten to test it out yet, mine came in 2oz heavier than expected. CAT told me that lots of the cans silencer shop is selling are mil spec overstock versions with a thicker wall for added durability.

I went back and weighed my johnny law, MOB and white bread after this and the only one not 1.5-2oz heavier than their specs is my white bread, which is actually 0.5oz lighter than it should be.

I told silencer shops dealer service dept about this, based on their response i have my doubts they will do anything about it as far as trying to sort out the mil spec ones for customers. We'll see. There is a super thin extra weld line on the back near the mount threads that CAT told me is the indicator if its a mil spec version.

All that being said, I love the CAT cans I've shot so far and their performance is extremely impressive. I have no doubt the noah would be the perfect suppressor for a 6arc gas gun or bolt gun, since they specifically designed it for that use case. I just expected mine to weigh 8.6oz without the mount and it doesn't. Their customer service is very responsive and willing to help so far, but their warranty dept has not responded yet after 4 days. We'll see

OP
P
Heads up, if anyone wants to buys a CAT can and is concerned about weight over ultimate durability for a particular build. Im waiting to get my noah swapped out for one within their weight specs so i havent gotten to test it out yet, mine came in 2oz heavier than expected. CAT told me that lots of the cans silencer shop is selling are mil spec overstock versions with a thicker wall for added durability.

I went back and weighed my johnny law, MOB and white bread after this and the only one not 1.5-2oz heavier than their specs is my white bread, which is actually 0.5oz lighter than it should be.

I told silencer shops dealer service dept about this, based on their response i have my doubts they will do anything about it as far as trying to sort out the mil spec ones for customers. We'll see. There is a super thin extra weld line on the back near the mount threads that CAT told me is the indicator if its a mil spec version.

All that being said, I love the CAT cans I've shot so far and their performance is extremely impressive. I have no doubt the noah would be the perfect suppressor for a 6arc gas gun or bolt gun, since they specifically designed it for that use case. I just expected mine to weigh 8.6oz without the mount and it doesn't. Their customer service is very responsive and willing to help so far, but their warranty dept has not responded yet after 4 days. We'll see
Great insight. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the CAT. Becoming a very tough decision for one I thought was going to be an easy purchase ha.

Great insight. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the CAT. Becoming a very tough decision for one I thought was going to be an easy purchase ha.
I dont know if anyone near you would stock multiple CAT cans so you could have them weigh one before you purchase it, but if i was a consumer wanting to buy one knowing what i do now then thats what id try to do if 2oz extra weight is a deal breaker for your build. I wouldnt be surprised if the entire first run SS got of the noah TI HUB mounts were these overweight ones tho

SloppyJ

WKR
Try your Enticer on it. If you like it, get the wolfhunter. With gas guns in 6arc I've heard that it could be extremely beneficial to have a flow through can for reliability. The CAT stuff or the Flow cans might be a good option.