6.5mm Projectile for Moose

Which projectile would you choose for Maine moose?

• Total voters

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I don't think so.

Folks on this forum and LRO and perhaps elsewhere have had trouble with the Redding sizing die.

Some report that swapping out with a RCBS or Hornady sizing die resolving the matter.

Some report reaming the chamber resolving the matter.

I've had trouble with a Redding 450 Marlin die too which was undersizing the brass compared to the Hornady and RCBS sizing dies I've had. Redding might be a tad overrated.
Interesting. I just got a Redding die set for my 308 because I wanted the micrometer bullet seater but if their sizing due is off I’ll continue to use my rcbs sizing die.

You’d think for the cost of a Redding die and as long as they have been around that their stuff would be on point.

OP
Nine Banger

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
You’d think for the cost of a Redding die and as long as they have been around that their stuff would be on point.

Totally...

If the new die doesn't fix it I'll probably rebarrel after the moose hunt or stuff this rifle in the back of the safe, sell components and get some factory ELD ammo and just pull it out if I go up against moose or something big again. I've developed a flinch moving from 6.5 CM to PRC too so its unlikely I'll shoot it much after this trip.