6.5CM for open country and comp

I like my savage rifles but 18" barrel I wouldn't consider for competition. I'd probably get the bergara and be happy with that.

OP
B

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
I can almost guarantee it isn't the Tikka. In my experience, it is the shooter that starts "throwing flyers" in these situations, especially with heavier recoiling rifles. The "letting the barrel cool" also lets the shooter take a breather and get back into the game, which is why the big flyers go away after that.
I am not implying that the .308 is a hard recoiler, but it is when compared to a .223 or a 6.5 Creed, especially in a lightweight rifle.

Try this with the .308. Take 20 rounds. Shoot one. Count to 60 after the shot, while staying on the gun. Shoot again. Repeat. Yes, it will take 20+ minutes to shoot and the barrel will get super hot, but I bet that the number of flyers goes down significantly and/or you will be able to call the flyers (i.e. know when it is you).
You could be right, admittedly I'm not great on a rifle yet. I could be developing a flinch. But I have used a steady rest and had less pronounced but similar results.

OP
B

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
Still trying to decide.

T3x Lite is $755(830 with $75 rebate) but for my purposes I would want to upgrade to a MDT XRS which will put it outside what I want to spend.

Still considering:

RAP $550 with aftermarket stock/chassis(leaning towards Boyd's Prairie Hunter for lack of MDT XRS in LH)

Bergara B-14 HMR $930(no upgrade needed for a while)

Savage 110 Tactical $790 (no upgrade needed for a while)

Maybe a Savage 110 Apex $600 in a MDT XRS or Mayne Magpul Hunter now and XRS later.

What are your thoughts on a Magpul Hunter vs the Accufit stock?