6.5 creedmoor suppressed optimal barrel length

MHWASH

WKR
That velocity is not even possible with a 20" barrel, let alone a slow Tikka barrel. He either has a happy chronograph or no chronograph and is just throwing out a number.

I don't appreciate being called a liar. This is verified by 2 chronographs and by shooting at 500 yards. I also don't buy into the slow Tikka barrels. I've had enough of them to know otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 118
I don't appreciate being called a liar. This is verified by 2 chronographs and by shooting at 500 yards. I also don't buy into the slow Tikka barrels. I've had enough of them to know otherwise.

I have a 20” Tikka CTR in 6.5 CM and you sir posses a unicorn. I’d be even more impressed to see that brass in person. I get about 2680 FPS with 130 grain Berger OTM. I also don’t push the brass too hard.

Would you mind clarifying and/or elaborating on that?

Sbrs are stuck in one state unless atf approves, and some states allow suppressors but forbid sbrs.

Also typo in the original post, should say way harder.

Unckebob

WKR
Looking to rebarrel my 6.5 creedmoor, this will be a hunting rifle, I have a dead air nomad ti waiting on approval, barreled action currently sits in a krg bravo, Looking for opinions on barrel length, im currently thinking about a 20" but toying with the idea of 18", I would likely keep my shots with this rifle 300 ish.

Thanks!

My 6.5CM came with a 22" threaded barrel. I don't like using my Nomad on it because it feels front heavy and isn't really handy in a deer blind.

I wish it was 20".

Unckebob

WKR

Sbrs are stuck in one state unless atf approves, and some states allow suppressors but forbid sbrs.

Also typo in the original post, should say way harder.

I didn't know I needed to fill out a form to bring my Can to Texas when I moved. Is there a form when you f'd up?

@Unckebob as I read things it is not required for a can since they're not a firearm, but maybe a move is different than a trip? Also, be careful with self incriminating posts.

Ernie

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to rebarrel my 6.5 creedmoor, this will be a hunting rifle, I have a dead air nomad ti waiting on approval, barreled action currently sits in a krg bravo, Looking for opinions on barrel length, im currently thinking about a 20" but toying with the idea of 18", I would likely keep my shots with this rifle 300 ish.

Thanks!
An 18" 6.5 Creed will easily kill out to 300 yards.
For that matter so will a 15"
This is only 265 yards though.

Just over 350 yards - 6.5 Creed
h2845wMl.jpg

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
17.5 inches with ymh r2. I get 2700 fps with 127 LRX and near max load of StaBall. Dropped a big cow elk with one shot this year.

Thanks!
If just wanting out to 300, 18 will be no problem. For velocity; however, I don’t shoot anything less than 20 as makes suppressing comfortable still length wise

Veloci_Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't know I needed to fill out a form to bring my Can to Texas when I moved. Is there a form when you f'd up?
I’m fairly certain you just have to send a letter to ATF notifying them that you are now a resident of a new state. This also assumes that your new state allows suppressor ownership (obviously TX is gtg). I don’t believe there is a form to fill out. IIRC they might not even respond to the letter, but you are *supposed to notify them at the least.

As has been mentioned, simply traveling does not require anything.