44 Mag Lever

Jakerex

WKR
I’m looking to buy a lever action 44. Specifically looking at the new Marlin or Henry, steel, blued. For you folks in the know, why should I pick one over the other? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axlrod

WKR
I have a Henry in 44 and a new Ruger/Marlin in 357. The Marlin is a nicer built rifle than the Henry. Haven't had any trouble with the Henry and I don't hunt with either. But I think they are in the same ballpark pricewise, so I would give the edge to the Marlin.
I have Skinner sights on the Henry and I am going to do the same on the Marlin.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I have a Henry in 44 and a new Ruger/Marlin in 357. The Marlin is a nicer built rifle than the Henry. Haven't had any trouble with the Henry and I don't hunt with either. But I think they are in the same ballpark pricewise, so I would give the edge to the Marlin.
I have Skinner sights on the Henry and I am going to do the same on the Marlin.

I have a Henry 45/70 and I’m not in love with it, but it does the job.

Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Rossi 92 .44 mag stainless, Henry Big Boy .357 carbine and a new Ruger made Marlin 1894 in .44 mag. They all have their pluses and minuses. From an accuracy and smoothness perspective, Henry all the way. It also has the best trigger.

From a carry perspective, Rossi 92 all the way.

The new Marlin is the best looking of the bunch. The internals in the receiver are sharp! Don’t put your fingers in there. I haven’t played with it enough to take the place of the others.

SloppyJ

WKR
I really like my Henry Model X. It's in 30-30 though. What's the purpose of the gun?