4 Colorado preference points??

AbSandy

FNG
Hello Rokslide, first time poster, I know, but have been reading the forum info for years!! I have 4 Colorado preference points and would like to try pull archery tag this year. I’d be interested in a diy, ranch or guided hunt. I’m not looking for your spot, just some direction on where to start. It seems Colorado is all OTC or 15 years. I hunt a ton in Montana and live in Alberta and would be willing to reciprocate if that helps.

OP
A

AbSandy

FNG
Hey Sandman,
Couldnt put that code to any units? Am I missing something?

Hello Rokslide, first time poster, I know, but have been reading the forum info for years!! I have 4 Colorado preference points and would like to try pull archery tag this year. I’d be interested in a diy, ranch or guided hunt. I’m not looking for your spot, just some direction on where to start. It seems Colorado is all OTC or 15 years. I hunt a ton in Montana and live in Alberta and would be willing to reciprocate if that helps.
When you get enough time/posts, PM me. I can help a little.

What kind of hunt you looking for? How in shape are you? I can help you if you're in shape and not afraid to climb.

Sample of terrain. Elk all over that back wall.

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
OP
A

AbSandy

FNG
What kind of hunt you looking for? How in shape are you? I can help you if you're in shape and not afraid to climb.

Sample of terrain. Elk all over that back wall.
Retired pro hockey player. Retired but I can still go. I don’t mind paying for a ranch hunt, but am up for anything. Backpack, RV. Last season in Mt I paid 4k for a guided archery elk hunt on a ranch in the Lil Snowies and it was spectaular. That’s as much as Id spend.

sndmn11

WKR
Using the above link, these are 2-3 point draws for archery non-resident.
ee004o1a
ee012o1a
ee020o1a
ee029o1a
ee039o1a
ee069o1a
ee500o1a
ee501o1a

I would be excited to hunt any of those tags. There are also several hunt codes that TOOK LESS points than 2 for non-residents that I would be more excited to hunt. The nice thing about Colorado is that with the most elk in the world, there's good hunting to be had. The population estimates and harvest estimates would be the only next step.

Laramie

WKR
Hello Rokslide, first time poster, I know, but have been reading the forum info for years!!
To put this in different perspective... I have been taking info from all of you without giving anything back for years... now I want help.

I do appreciate your offer to reciprocate and I think you will receive some help. All most of the great guys on here ask in return is for you to contribute to the forum and understand that the the info you get came from someone's time and energy.

^^^ Cruel joke :)

That hunt code isnt created yet.
Actually, that new hunt code will be EE080o1A and wont take hardly any PP if any.
Bullshit. Im dumping 8 there next year since i cant seem to draw what was a 4 point unit back in 2011. We shall see how long it takes for point creep to start rising ;)

Retired pro hockey player. Retired but I can still go. I don’t mind paying for a ranch hunt, but am up for anything. Backpack, RV. Last season in Mt I paid 4k for a guided archery elk hunt on a ranch in the Lil Snowies and it was spectaular. That’s as much as Id spend.

I can't help you on guides or outfitters. Sorry.

cnelk

WKR
Bullshit. Im dumping 8 there next year since i cant seem to draw what was a 4 point unit back in 2011. We shall see how long it takes for point creep to start rising ;)
Each year the Stats show many fools wasting waaay more PPs than needed.

RS3579

WKR
Welcome. I’m a huge hockey fan. Curious what team?