338 Lapua Improved recoil

Diced

WKR
I agree that if only need it for specific circumstances, you might as well just take the heavy gun.

If you want to make the lighter one work though, I'd change the stock to something with good ergonomics for recoil and a heavier fill. I'd also put an ATACR or some other heavy ass scope on it. That would probably get the weight to a more reasonable level.

OP
C

Chad717

FNG
I have been doing it for years way before it was a fad I practice a lot and know how to read the wind I have taken elk , bears up to and over 1000 yards one shot kills, If there’s too much wind and is unethical I don’t take the shot. Here again just cause you can’t do it or want to stop judging people.

Diced

WKR
I have been doing it for years way before it was a fad I practice a lot and know how to read the wind I have taken elk , bears up to and over 1000 yards one shot kills, If there’s too much wind and is unethical I don’t take the shot. Here again just cause you can’t do it or want to stop judging people.
People on here bash long range hunting but then tell new hunters shoot elk with a freaking 223 lol

Have you used it in the field yet? I use a 338 RUM with no muzzle brake with 250gr rounds and I do not remember the recoil when I am shooting at an animal. Now at the range is a different story.

OP
C

Chad717

FNG
People on here bash long range hunting but then tell new hunters shoot elk with a freaking 223 lol
Yes you can do all kinds of unethical things at long and short range, And I don’t blame people for being against it sometimes because a lot of people that have gotten into it by watching YouTube and not verifying their weapons have given it a bad name.

OP
C

Chad717

FNG
Have you used it in the field yet? I use a 338 RUM with no muzzle brake with 250gr rounds and I do not remember the recoil when I am shooting at an animal. Now at the range is a different story.
No I haven’t but it’s just one of those things if I don’t feel comfortable shooting it and 100% confident at long range shooting targets I’m not going to do it with an animal in, I think it will be fine once I get it dialed in

Flea21

Lil-Rokslider
Terminator TF muzzle brake dramatically reduced the recoil on my 338 LM. Im running 300gr Berger OTM Hybrids at 2779fps and after changing to that brake, it feels about the saem as my 308 if not lighter.