338 muzzlebrake suggestions

Thunder17

FNG
I have a 338 lapua improved with a 3 port painkiller brake on it and I’m not super impressed with it. I’m looking for better recoil reduction. The research I’ve done kinda has it narrowed down to MBM 5 port beast, SRS Ti Pro heavy, and Terminator T4 brakes. I’m leaning towards the MBM or Ti Pro due to titanium weight savings. Anyone have some experience with any of these that could help me decide?
The rifle is a hair over 10 pounds scoped, shooting 300 grain elite hunters at 2900 fps.
Thanks

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a TI Pro on a 300 NMI and I was very impressed with the recoil reduction! This was on a 15 lb rifle but it still thumped far less than expected.

OP
Thunder17

Thunder17

FNG
I think that’s the route I’m going to go. Thanks, I appreciate it

I’m running the 5 port super beast brake form MBM on 2 338 Lapua rifles. One is 14lbs the other is 22lbs. Honestly it works so well you wouldn’t tell the difference in weight between the two. The lighter rifle has a little more muzzle climb but at the shooter I don’t feel much difference. The Piercision muscle brake I run on my 10.5lb 300 Norma mag improved for hunting and works really well also. I’d run either on a 338 setup.

Geewhiz

WKR
I thought about going that route, but don’t really want to add that much length on to a barrel that’s already 28”
That’s a valid concern. I have one on a 26 inch barrel and although I do throw it on my pack and lug it around fairly often, it’s far from small and light.

I second going with a suppressor. For a 338 can there are really only three worth considering.

TBAC Ultra 338
KGM Technologies R338
CGS Hekate 338

The Hekate wasn't available when I was on the market. I decided to go with the KGM R338. The R338 is 9.1" long and 18.2oz with QD muzzle device and has an integrated "APEC" brake on the front for more recoil reduction. Mine is still in jail 136 days and counting. Hopefully have it in my hands shortly. I still might buy a Hekate. Time will tell.

OP
Thunder17

Thunder17

FNG
I second going with a suppressor. For a 338 can there are really only three worth considering.

TBAC Ultra 338
KGM Technologies R338
CGS Hekate 338

The Hekate wasn't available when I was on the market. I decided to go with the KGM R338. The R338 is 9.1" long and 18.2oz with QD muzzle device and has an integrated "APEC" brake on the front for more recoil reduction. Mine is still in jail 136 days and counting. Hopefully have it in my hands shortly. I still might buy a Hekate. Time will tell.
I’ve never shot with a suppressor before, how’s the recoil reduction compared to a good brake?