$329.00 Bugle Tube

Pro953

WKR
Certainly extreme, but very few here are carrying a old stock Remington 700 with a 3x9 Burris loaded with core locks. Trucking around in Levi’s, T shirts and Walmart boots. It’s all relative.

We are on Rokslide, we are all gear wh**res, just with different size bank accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
There are flat brimmers that will pay anything to think they are increasing their odds of killing a 300+" bull. Can't blame a fella for capitalizing on the current frenzy of the market.

Sand Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
I was already disqualified from ownership because of the price tag, but here's 4 more reasons I can't own one.

At Riven, we set out to make the world’s best elk bugle tube. Our Cambium Bugle Tube is designed to give you a natural acoustic resonance in the timber or anywhere you hunt. Actually, it is more like an acoustic musical instrument than just another average plastic bugle tube. It can actually improve with age. When you follow a few basic tips for care, your tube will give you years of reliable use.

Tone wood is a natural material that responds to environmental stimuli like pressure, temperature, humidity, direct sunlight, dirt, and bacteria. We recommend that you follow these tips:

1. Avoid extreme temperatures. Wood will shrink and expand naturally with temperature changes, and this can affect the way your bugle tube performs. Avoid long exposure to direct sunlight.
  2. Watch the humidity. As with any porous natural material, wood grains are affected by humidity, and should be kept in a moderate environment. This can be particularly relevant at high altitude or in arid environs. Likewise, avoid prolonged exposure to very high humidity. After hunting, store your bugle tube in a temp controlled environment, like inside your home.
  3. Keep it clean. After the hunt, we recommend wiping your bugle tube down with a micro-fiber polishing cloth. Avoid harsh chemical cleaners.
  4. Keep it safe. While your Cambium Bugle Tube can hold up to normal wear and tear, you should always treat it as you would an acoustic instrument. Be careful not to crush it or drop it. Always carry it and store it in a safe manner to avoid physical damage.

AK4570

FNG
Dang. I've got 2 wood lathes, and a huge stack of "instrument grade time wood" stocked in the back of the shop (that I use to build actual musical instruments, oddly enough). Guess I should start spinning up some hand made in Montana, instrument grade bugle tubes and retire!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Having started in the 80s bugling elk and always playing with various tubes to enhance calling, I’ve thought about this tube, as I bet it sounds very good. That kid from Riven is an incredible caller and have a friend who bought one. Todays tubes and calls are awfully good from the archaic days🤣 if he can sell them more power to him🤙

IDVortex

WKR
Having started in the 80s bugling elk and always playing with various tubes to enhance calling, I’ve thought about this tube, as I bet it sounds very good. That kid from Riven is an incredible caller and have a friend who bought one. Todays tubes and calls are awfully good from the archaic days🤣 if he can sell them more power to him🤙
Bugling in the 80s huh? Did you guys use different size rocks and bugged in-between them, or found hollowed out sticks?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The good ole days who can name this elk call or manuf other than 5mile woods camo😍 circa 1986

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpeg
    IMG_0596.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 114
I'm curious is there really a market for a bugle tube that cost over $300.00 ?
Is there a market? Yes

Is it a waste of money? Yes