300wsm in a long action

Is anyone running a 300wsm in a long action rifle? I have a 700bdl clone that is setup that way and I want to convert it over to detachable magazines. I have had good luck by installing a spacer in the box mag and using a short action mag follower with the bdl setup, but... if I go with a long action detachable mag, what caliber mag should I use for the wsm? Will a 300WM mag work? Maybe with some feed lip tweaking?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you go AICS, Accurate Mag makes a very good short action 300 wsm mag, check there for LA version. I think you would have to tweak feed lips.

ofl0926

WKR
Yeah I went short action and used the accurate mag. 2.955 internal length on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Yeah I went short action and used the accurate mag. 2.955 internal length on them.

This is partly why I am going with a long action, no restriction on cartridge length. I am loading the 200.20x to 3.090, so a short action mag will not really give me what I want with oal limitations.

ofl0926

WKR
This is partly why I am going with a long action, no restriction on cartridge length. I am loading the 200.20x to 3.090, so a short action mag will not really give me what I want with oal limitations.

Go for it
I went short action based on my rifle builders recommendation.

I built a 300WSM off a Long Action REM 700. It’s in an XLR Chassis, so detachable magazines, AICS 300 WM is what I have tried so far. The length of the magazine causes an issue with the round nose diving and won’t properly feed. This is my only issue with the WSM in the Long Action.

If I can solve that problem, I won’t have any issues with it at all.