300 win mag barrel length for suppressor.

Encore4me

FNG
Getting my Tikka T3x super lite suppressed and wanted to shorten the barrel. If I reloaded it wouldn’t be as much of a question due to powder choices. My suppressor is a Dead Air Nomad Ti XC. I can’t imagine ever shooting at an animal over 400yds. What would be your suggested barrel length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefish

WKR
Download Gordon’s reloading tool and put in a few different loads and barrel lengths. It will give you an idea on what to expect. Then decide how slow is too slow for you.

Getting my Tikka T3x super lite suppressed and wanted to shorten the barrel. If I reloaded it wouldn’t be as much of a question due to powder choices. My suppressor is a Dead Air Nomad Ti XC. I can’t imagine ever shooting at an animal over 400yds. What would be your suggested barrel length?

20"

My 300WM barrel is 21" and I am using a Dead Air Nomad 30 on that gun. It is still a bit too long for me, but that is mostly due to the Savage action being longer than most. That being said, the longest barrel I will use from here on out is 20".

z987k

WKR

As short as that suppressor is rated for a 300wm.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Personally wouldn’t go shorter than 22” for a win mag. You will be eating a load of recoil for nothing. You could find a 6.5 prc barrel And cut it shorter 18 or so but a shorty 300 win mag is gonna be a super hard kicking.308 basically

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I did my tikka 270 at 19. Not a true magnum but still a high performance round. I lost 100 fps from 22.5 and total length is now 26 inches with my R2. Its my 'longer range' non-stalking rifle with a swfa 3-9 & shooting 129 lrx at 3050 fps.

If i were you, Id just trade for a 308 and chop to 17. I did this too, and still get 3000 fps with a 130 ttsx.