300 win mag barrel length for suppressor.

Encore4me

FNG
Getting my Tikka T3x super lite suppressed and wanted to shorten the barrel. If I reloaded it wouldn’t be as much of a question due to powder choices. My suppressor is a Dead Air Nomad Ti XC. I can’t imagine ever shooting at an animal over 400yds. What would be your suggested barrel length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefish

WKR
Download Gordon’s reloading tool and put in a few different loads and barrel lengths. It will give you an idea on what to expect. Then decide how slow is too slow for you.

Getting my Tikka T3x super lite suppressed and wanted to shorten the barrel. If I reloaded it wouldn’t be as much of a question due to powder choices. My suppressor is a Dead Air Nomad Ti XC. I can’t imagine ever shooting at an animal over 400yds. What would be your suggested barrel length?

20"

My 300WM barrel is 21" and I am using a Dead Air Nomad 30 on that gun. It is still a bit too long for me, but that is mostly due to the Savage action being longer than most. That being said, the longest barrel I will use from here on out is 20".

z987k

WKR

As short as that suppressor is rated for a 300wm.