.280 AI load development

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
No, I was going to but I went cheap because of budget at the time and honestly have been completely satisfied with the ProChrono DLX. It was repeatedly parallel to the magneto when I tested them together, obviously the optical being min 12' in front of muzzle will be a bit slower. A little more work to setup on a range but for the cost it's worked great. Bluetooth is convenient and app is super user friendly as well.

Examples from the app
View attachment 530211View attachment 530210
See im not sure if my range would even let me use a stand up chrono down range so I'm limited to either a magnetospeed or a labradar

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I'm assuming the velocity climbed as shot numbers went up? If not, temp sensitivity probably isn't your problem.

IMO you'd be better off shooting the 10 rounds at near your max hunting range to see how it groups than burning 10 more just for chrono readings. If it has a ton of vertical, then worry about your velocity spread. Otherwise it seems like you're going to chase your tail and still have no idea what the real impact on hit % at distance would be.

Unless you have smaller case capacity than most with your brass, your charge weight is quite mild.
Yes speeds climbed as the barrel heated and I didn't allow enough time between shots to cool down...I stepped up the powder charge from the original load to 60.1 and had a better sub moa group.