28 Nosler glass

OP
mfllood3800
Really liking the NF SHV 4x14 in FFP. At the $1200 range this is tough to beat. I don't loose anything from my other NF scopes but magnification. Perhaps I need to try one and see if it still works. What I save is $1000.
:)

Really liking the NF SHV 4x14 in FFP. At the $1200 range this is tough to beat. I don't loose anything from my other NF scopes but magnification. Perhaps I need to try one and see if it still works. What I save is $1000.
:)

I had one, sold it, then regretted it and bought another one. You should try one if you’re trying to stay in a budget. But it’s 30oz and you could get a 4-16x42 F1 or the new 4-16x50 F1 ATACR for the same weight, more cash :)

I had one, sold it, then regretted it and bought another one. You should try one if you’re trying to stay in a budget. But it’s 30oz and you could get a 4-16x42 F1 or the new 4-16x50 F1 ATACR for the same weight, more cash :)

The 50mm ATACR F1 is 33.3 ounces. Also, make sure that the short 3.1" eye relief on the SHV is not a problem, shouldn't be with an effective brake but a light unbroken 28 Nosler might be prone to scope ya on certain shot angles.

OP
mfllood3800
My 28 is breaked. Without having the rifle the one things concerns me is scope mounting clearances. Some of the shorter scopes could be an issue getting eye relief set right and still clearing for the rings. I have asked for a 20 MOA pic rail, in case I go with less mag scope with around 90 moa change.
I wont get the ATACR in low mag, same weight and more $$.
I would get the SHV and save a grand though
lol
Otherwise I stick with my NXS that I simply love.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
My 28 is breaked. Without having the rifle the one things concerns me is scope mounting clearances. Some of the shorter scopes could be an issue getting eye relief set right and still clearing for the rings. I have asked for a 20 MOA pic rail, in case I go with less mag scope with around 90 moa change.
I wont get the ATACR in low mag, same weight and more $$.
I would get the SHV and save a grand though
lol
Otherwise I stick with my NXS that I simply love.

What barrel taper do you have on this rifle?

R

OP
mfllood3800
don't have the rifle yet, but the Rum I have from same company has a taper right where the obj begins to encroach on barrel. I suspect this will be similar. I used high talley on it, and will likely do the same on the 28.

OP
mfllood3800
With the carbon barrel the taper will be different than my fluted SS rum.
I may need higher rings, Just depends how tall the 20 MOA Pic rail is

Attachments

• fiercecedgeDONE.jpg
    fiercecedgeDONE.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 40

1signguy

WKR
Based on my experience it would be very hard for me to buy anything but NF or Zeiss... My guns get used regularly which means banged around a good bit. We use them on back pack hunts, horseback hunts and lots and lots of miles in a UTV...
I have never had to re-zero a NF (NXS's). Every time I check them which is generally in the Summer before we start hunting they are right where they were the year before... I have had equally good luck with Zeiss.
I can't say the same for the other brands I own... which are less expensive... So I expect them to need a little more tuning... Perhaps if I had bought the top of the line in those respective brands my experience would be the same as what I have had with NF and Zeiss. NF is going on the 300RUM I am planning to buy...

OP
mfllood3800
So I have dwindled this thing down to what I believe is a decent couple ways to go about this....

for lighter weight- but a lil less mag... and a $$ grand $$ less
SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope

For same things I have always done and a heavy set up- and a $$ grand more $$ but more Mag....
NF 5.5x22