.270 recommendations?

I’m sure there are better options on the market now but I’ve killed a lot of deer with the old 130 grain Core Lokt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with core lockies for deer, just think there are better bullets suited for elk. To each their own!

Yup definitely agree guys Much better options now days. I always used them Because that’s what my grandpa used and when he passed away I got his old 270 several boxes so I always used them. Killed quite a few deer with them though. And he killed a lot with them

Am I the only guy that still used old 130gr Remington core lokts haha oh wait I think I might be haha

Nope. My Tikka will shoot sub MOA every time
With them. I’ve dropped at least 6 deer with them, 50-200 yards. Granted these are TX whitetail, but had great results both behind the shoulder and in the neck. Great expansion, cheap, and for me, extremely consistent. Love the round.

I’d be willing to bet 130 Corlokts have taken more game than anything else. Certainly not a “long range” bullet and the velocity is rather slow compared to what the box says last I checked.

That 129 LRX would be a doozy or maybe the 145 ELDX.

150 NPT gets a lot of nods but I’ve never spilled blood with them.

Am I the only guy that still used old 130gr Remington core lokts haha oh wait I think I might be haha
No, you aren't alone. Same friend has a very picky .30-06 and he can't get a handload to group anywhere near the core lokts, he gave up and just buys those now.

150 gr was always my favorite, MIL took a cow moose with 150gr federal soft point's and FIL took a black bear with the same round.

150gr Fusion, or if it doesn't shoot those well, whichever other load prints best in your rifle

As long as you are starting from scratch, go copper. 129 LRX or 130 TTSX would be good places to start.

I've probably killed more stuff than most with a 270win as it was my only go to rifle for years. I honestly never had a "failure". Every bullet made was made for its velocity window. I have killed gobs with the 130 speer bt and about every other cheap bullet made. I am currently sitting on a batch of 150 lrab on rl 26 that shoot well and are quite impressive at range. I'm not sure what the 20 yrd performance is yet though.

Nope! I've had a Savage Axis and a Tikka and both shot excellent groups with these Core lokts. Better than more expensive ammo. Never had issues with them with deer either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the 140 grain AccuBond's, in my .270 WSM. Getting, 1.25 inch groups at, 200 yards with 3,150 FPS.
They don't, "Blow up" at close range, either ! I killed, a small Bull at, 70 yards with,.. NO, Meat "loss" with, a behind, the Shoulder, shot ! Shoulder Roast and Backstrap shots,.. are, always,.. AVOIDED !
Seating depth, is NOT critical as, I shoot them, in a T3 Tikka and they "Jump" about, .100 ths at full Magazine length.

Back