260 for antelope/deer?

Part of me really wants a 260....probably want one of those more than I want a RUM. :D Just a cool little round on a .308 case. Someday....someday. :D

Sam how far did the lady with the Carlock built 260 shoot that elk at?

Wow, thats a nice setup action shooter. One of my favorite rifles to shoot is my LWRC 6.8 spc, but something similar in a .260 is even sweeter.

Luke, here is a video Sam did on it.
[video=vimeo;68274280]http://vimeo.com/68274280[/video]

Actionshooter, I would love to have a 260 gas gun. For a few years I've been wanting a LMT MWS with a 260 barrel, but it had to get in line behind some other projects. With the big gun scare last winter, they started building it out of unobtainium anyway:)

Luke, it's built on a Rem 700 by the Carlocks. 26" Hart Sendero taper, threaded for the AAC Cyclone can. McMillan A3 stock with Surgeon bottom metal, Jewell trigger, extended bolt handle, etc. Nightforce 5.5-22. The idea behind it was an affordable, low recoil practice gun for long range shooting. It has become a sweet platform for my kids to learn on, also!

With the suppressor, I can shoot at all hours without pissing off the neighbors. It shoots the same with or without it, just 3 MOA low. Just dial it up and shoot away!

Wow Sam that is an impressive gun and I think that group just might work but doesn't count if you only shoot at the target once :) I'd say you got that thing dialed in and then some. Oh yeah and your daughter is a sniper btw. Congrats on the awesome gun and your daughter's future BFs better not make her mad....look out ;)

Awesome group! and even better is a 13 year old sharp shooter.....If she's a hunter those critters better look-out!

I can't wait to rebarrel my 700 ss sa to a 6.5x284 ?, 260 ai ? , 6.5 saum? . Hopefully by next fall. It's already milled out with a wyatts box which gets me 2.95+ col.

Back