25x284 info and discussion

OP
sierracharlie338
If you really wanted to avoid the headstamp you have options
The sst will fit a short action (2.960)
I think a 257 GT would as well if you wanted to have a new reamer drawn up
25 souper (257-308win)
A 257-7mm saw would be a neat cartridge if wto hasn’t done one they might be inclined to
Reach out to Defensive edge about a 25 terminator (this would run near tje 25sst)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a lot of options and I’m intrigued by the 25/257 GT also. At this point probably going to stick with the killmoor. I’ve seen enough report of terminal performance to know it will suffice for my needs so was just curious if anyone had any specifics they’d like to share.

Wapiti1

WKR
Looks like that will be the route I go for now. But I may have to call it a 25 killmoor because I’m not a fan of the creedmoor moniker lol 🤪
Be unique and go fast twist 25 WSSM.

I have one built on an AR. Its a fun curiosity, but finicky on loads it will cycle. 2900+ with 117gr and it has a severely limited COAL.

Should be on par with the 284 based cartridge loaded as long as you want.

Jeremy

If you really wanted to avoid the headstamp you have options
The sst will fit a short action (2.960)
I think a 257 GT would as well if you wanted to have a new reamer drawn up
25 souper (257-308win)
A 257-7mm saw would be a neat cartridge if wto hasn’t done one they might be inclined to
Reach out to Defensive edge about a 25 terminator (this would run near tje 25sst)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe wto already does a 25 saw

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
Bullets matter more than headstamps and The Quarterbore Ship sank. I've built (3) 25-284's(amongst a host of other 25's) and a 6CM trounces same.

You get a .620 BC 112gr at nearly 3K fps in a 20" spout. Minimal recoil,exceptional flight characteristics and sensational terminal effects. As mentioned,superb brass(and dies) abound and that means Alpha LRP for me.

Keep the train on the tracks............

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
A GOOD bullet at modest velocity,will always trounce a Warp Speed Ping Pong Ball.

Bullets are never not my first focus,followed by brass and then dies. Such things make all 25's an easy pass,though I confess to shooting out (5) Custom 257 Wby's in the days of yore.

If I was CONVINCED the 6CM left something on the table,I'd simply go 6-06. You get to bask in Lapua brass,killer dies and come full circle back to GOOD bullets. I shoot a brace of Custom Montana's so chambered (8" Bart/Lilja) and you then get .620 BC's at 3300fps,from a 23".

Recoil remains modest and it is simply a Holy Terror,that is FUN to shoot...........

A GOOD bullet at modest velocity,will always trounce a Warp Speed Ping Pong Ball.

Bullets are never not my first focus,followed by brass and then dies. Such things make all 25's an easy pass,though I confess to shooting out (5) Custom 257 Wby's in the days of yore.

If I was CONVINCED the 6CM left something on the table,I'd simply go 6-06. You get to bask in Lapua brass,killer dies and come full circle back to GOOD bullets. I shoot a brace of Custom Montana's so chambered (8" Bart/Lilja) and you then get .620 BC's at 3300fps,from a 23".

Recoil remains modest and it is simply a Holy Terror,that is FUN to shoot...........
Is this the match burner? Curious your results on game. Love my 25 creedmoor but always looking for a better mousetrap

OP
sierracharlie338
Bullets matter more than headstamps and The Quarterbore Ship sank. I've built (3) 25-284's(amongst a host of other 25's) and a 6CM trounces same.

You get a .620 BC 112gr at nearly 3K fps in a 20" spout. Minimal recoil,exceptional flight characteristics and sensational terminal effects. As mentioned,superb brass(and dies) abound and that means Alpha LRP for me.

Keep the train on the tracks............
While all of the reasons you post may be valid, they aren’t relevant in this scenario. I’m building a quarterbore because that is what I want to build. I have a 6cm and 260 and 308 etc etc. So for me it’s not about “the ultimate performance” it’s about building a .257 because I enjoyed that caliber long before the 6cm was a thing!!

Please elaborate what 6mm bullet has a .620bc and how you are pushing it 3300fps from a 23” tube. I know the 115dtac might be close to that bc

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
Roger that.

I shoot them in a goodly herd of rifles in 6x45,6 ARC,6BR,6CM,243Win,243AI,6-284 and 6-06(multiple rifles in each) and am patiently awaiting a K&P 7.5" Dasher AI/AT spout for same. They are far more reliable than Sierra,I prefer them to Booger and they'll run with 110 A-Tip's,which is high praise.

How/why they slip under the radar,remains a mystery to me..................

Roger that.

I shoot them in a goodly herd of rifles in 6x45,6 ARC,6BR,6CM,243Win,243AI,6-284 and 6-06(multiple rifles in each) and am patiently awaiting a K&P 7.5" Dasher AI/AT spout for same. They are far more reliable than Sierra,I prefer them to Booger and they'll run with 110 A-Tip's,which is high praise.

22 speedmire…hmmm…… you must be the same dude who went by NOBODY on snipershide circa like 2009 lol
Welcome to rokslide

Roger that.

Can you elaborate on the terminal performance?

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the guy who shoots it ALL and then some.

As Speedmire's go,I only have (5) currently.

Though I shoot multiple fast twist 22-250's,22-250 AI's and suffer a CHeetah.

I reckon NOBODY can keep pace..............