25-7prc or 25 saum

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Is the adg necked down yet or straight 7prc rite now
Just 7 prc. I just measured some Hornady dummy rounds and they measure .2885” measuring with a micrometer. Measuring with just calipers, Peterson and Hornady measure .014” wall thickness and the adg not necked down measures .013”. Are you worried about fired case neck to barrel clearance with the adg and don’t want to turn them?

Just 7 prc. I just measured some Hornady dummy rounds and they measure .2885” measuring with a micrometer. Measuring with just calipers, Peterson and Hornady measure .014” wall thickness and the adg not necked down measures .013”. Are you worried about fired case neck to barrel clearance with the adg and don’t want to turn them?
I would hope to not have to turn necks. Was just wondering if tou had noticed how much they may thicken from nicking down. Shouldn't be too much to worry about

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I can't imagine the wait on one if ordered now. Would be nice to have one sure, but hate having to wait.

I will ask twisted barrel what theirs is based off. The member above that has one by them is using peterson, not sure how the adg brass compares to that dimensionally. Will also ask WTO, but from what I think I have read is the WTO is off adg or that's atleast what they are using.

I have a barrel and action and can have dies in a week
I just remember them designing their 1st reamer when the only thing available was hornady brass. But maybe they reworked it once the adg stuff came out.

I do like it. I just don't get the most velocity out of this barrel with it compared to h4350. I know its usually the other way around but for some reason I am consistently getting 50-100 fps more muzzle velocity with 4350 than 555 with all 3 bullets I've tried in the 25 creed.
I might'tve misseed it, but have you tried H1000?

In the 25 creed? No I haven't.
Roger that, and I only ask because it gives good velocity/accuracy in the 25-06AI and 25-284. Maybe burn rate is too slow for the 25 creed.

FWIW, if you're interested, here is some 25 Creed load data that Berger sent me for the 133 and 135.
1726152648257.png

Reactions: WKR

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
Just called WTO they answered on the first ring.
Asked about the 25-7prc but they said Clayton was out shooting at the moment and he has all that data on it.

Here’s the number
432-312-6132

Just called WTO they answered on the first ring.
Asked about the 25-7prc but they said Clayton was out shooting at the moment and he has all that data on it.

Here’s the number
432-312-6132
I spoke to Clayton this morning and got info. Then after an appt I had a missed call from wto about 130pm.

Clayton was great to deal with and gave me all the info I needed. Hopefully you got all you needed.

Just for reference I will add information to this thread incase others are looking at 25x7prc.

22" 7.5 twist mcgowan #4 fluted by kampfeld chambered by twisted barrels in Wyoming.

Redding type s 7prc dies with a 257 vld seater micrometer stem.

134 eld's, 215m's, n570 powder adg 7prc brass will be used.

Yesterday shot a 5 rounds to get an idea of velocity with 65 grains and bullet jammed gave me a tight es with an average velocity at 2998fps, also shot off a couple others 1 for a case gauge and 2 others to form.

Will now process that brass and check some pressures with higher charges probably starting about 66 grain on up.

Attachments

• 20240930_185808.jpg
    20240930_185808.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 2
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Just for reference I will add information to this thread incase others are looking at 25x7prc.

22" 7.5 twist mcgowan #4 fluted by kampfeld chambered by twisted barrels in Wyoming.

Redding type s 7prc dies with a 257 vld seater micrometer stem.

134 eld's, 215m's, n570 powder adg 7prc brass will be used.

Yesterday shot a 5 rounds to get an idea of velocity with 65 grains and bullet jammed gave me a tight es with an average velocity at 2998fps, also shot off a couple others 1 for a case gauge and 2 others to form.

Will now process that brass and check some pressures with higher charges probably starting about 66 grain on up.
How do you like that redding seater with the vld stem?
Thats looking to be the best available option for that wildcat im doing but I've never been a huge fan of the redding micrometer dies. I much prefer forsters. How well does the stem contact the 130 class bullets?

Also whats your neck down process looking like?

The dies are fine, I don't care for micrometers really, just when I ordered my die that is what was available so I got it. The 25 cal vld stem seams to work as it should, I didn't see any marks or issues with it.

I went two steps on the necks, I think .298 and then .284 is what I had, got a couple bushings coming incase I want to mess with neck tension some more, but so far I think this will get me there.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
The dies are fine, I don't care for micrometers really, just when I ordered my die that is what was available so I got it. The 25 cal vld stem seams to work as it should, I didn't see any marks or issues with it.

I went two steps on the necks, I think .298 and then .284 is what I had, got a couple bushings coming incase I want to mess with neck tension some more, but so far I think this will get me there.
Are you noticing any donut with the unsized area of the neck? Or does it all go away after fireforming?