25-7prc or 25 saum

B23

WKR
You guys that have the 25-7prc, who did you or are you having chamber it?

Dumping my 25 saum barrel and thinking the 25-7prc may be the ticket.
If I recall you're using a Tikka action to build on so have you given any thought to a 25 WSM and necking down ADG 270 WSM brass? Useable case capacity in a Tikka would be nearly the same as a 25-7PRC.

If I recall you're using a Tikka action to build on so have you given any thought to a 25 WSM and necking down ADG 270 WSM brass? Useable case capacity in a Tikka would be nearly the same as a 25-7PRC.
In that case, if the capacity is essentially the same, does it make sense to go with the option with the best brass availability/price?

2 days ago sent an email, left a message this morning haven't had any answers, so in mean time I have talked to Marty at twisted barrel.

Would like to get an idea of the difference in reamers and Clayton's lead time.
UM? They did an excellent job on my 25-284 barrel. If they don't have the reamer you're looking at around 3 months for them to source and then get your build going.

They don't have it, emailed and Jessica answered this morning, wish they did. I am 20 minutes away
They didn't have the 25-284 reamer, and it was a full 3 months for them to get it. However, it was well worth the wait. It took me 2 rounds to zero this rifle after I got it assembled, and the next 18 are in the attached 1.25" target. Suppressor mirage hurt me on this group at 100 yards, but the potential is incredible.

Attachments

• 08022024 2.jpg
    08022024 2.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 6
They didn't have the 25-284 reamer, and it was a full 3 months for them to get it. However, it was well worth the wait. It took me 2 rounds to zero this rifle after I got it assembled, and the next 18 are in the attached 1.25" target. Suppressor mirage hurt me on this group at 100 yards, but the potential is incredible.
So did they charge you for the reamer or did they absorb that

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Curious why you don't like n555?
I do like it. I just don't get the most velocity out of this barrel with it compared to h4350. I know its usually the other way around but for some reason I am consistently getting 50-100 fps more muzzle velocity with 4350 than 555 with all 3 bullets I've tried in the 25 creed.

Are you not interested in getting your own reamer? I think the WTO reamer was built based around hornady brass, but im not 100 percent on that.
I can't imagine the wait on one if ordered now. Would be nice to have one sure, but hate having to wait.

I will ask twisted barrel what theirs is based off. The member above that has one by them is using peterson, not sure how the adg brass compares to that dimensionally. Will also ask WTO, but from what I think I have read is the WTO is off adg or that's atleast what they are using.

I have a barrel and action and can have dies in a week

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I can't imagine the wait on one if ordered now. Would be nice to have one sure, but hate having to wait.

I will ask twisted barrel what theirs is based off. The member above that has one by them is using peterson, not sure how the adg brass compares to that dimensionally. Will also ask WTO, but from what I think I have read is the WTO is off adg or that's atleast what they are using.

I have a barrel and action and can have dies in a week
Loaded Peterson round is .2875” case neck od. Fired round is .294” od case neck. Puts Peterson wall thickness at .01525”. My adg 7 prc wall thickness is .015”