24+ Hour Drive Road Snacks?

What are some good suggestions for road snacks/drinks. Also any suggestions on things to keep you going at night with less sugar?

I try and still drink my 100oz of water during my day long drive west. Best way to combat altitude sickness is hydration.

My staples are sour gummy worms. BRCC can cold brew. Which are both loaded with sugar.
I like frozen fruits - at least they start frozen. I usually pre prep blue berries, raspberries and strawberries and then munch on those throughout the trip.

I will also add, i used to be one of those guys that would drive through the night and go the full 24hrs. i always felt like crap when I got to the destination and would often times end up with a cold or something. Not anymore, I turned 40 a few months ago and $50 for a motel 6 and a hot shower and a few hours sleep is worth its weight in gold. I usually drive 16hrs the first day, sleep/chill out for 7 or 8 in a hotel and then drive another 8. I have found I feel great and am ready to hit the ground hiking.

Last edited:
Thought there might be a few old " purple hard boiled egg" guys here , with side sauerkraut / horseradish sandwich

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Smoked salmon, white monster, sunflower seeds, black coffee and Copenhagen lol

tony

WKR
Beer................. oh wait

2nd vote for corn nuts: Truck stop coffee, Grizzly wintergreen chew, lot of water
Been driving from WV to Vermont last 6 months to see the dog and the old lady.
About 14 hours, above gets me through.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fried potatoes, eggs and pickled hot peppers on good Italian bread or maybe a hard roll for breakfast.

Mortadella, Hot Suppressata, prosciutto and provolone, roasted pepper, shredded lettuce and a little bit of raw onions with a splash of oil and vinegar for a late lunch ….

Coffee, Swedish Fish , smoked almonds, and Diet Coke as snacks… A loaf of bread made with prosciutto and cheese.

Stop for dinner or do a drive through …

You could join my hunt/chow camp anytime. We also take eating seriously!

Fried potatoes, eggs and pickled hot peppers on good Italian bread or maybe a hard roll for breakfast.

Mortadella, Hot Suppressata, prosciutto and provolone, roasted pepper, shredded lettuce and a little bit of raw onions with a splash of oil and vinegar for a late lunch ….

Coffee, Swedish Fish , smoked almonds, and Diet Coke as snacks… A loaf of bread made with prosciutto and cheese.

Stop for dinner or do a drive through …
Now your talkin. My wife was gonna grab some groceries for upcoming elk/ mule deer trip. Told her to make sure and throw in some peppers. Just canned a bunch of Hungarian hots . Oil/ vinegar, garlic oregano , spices. Those things are the bomb on a piece of provolone cheese or anything else for that matter

manitou1

WKR
Jerky, sunflower seeds, pistachios, flavored popcorn. Gatorade zero and water for drinks. Tea makes me pee way too much!
My fav is fried chicken legs in a cooler. Eat them cold. Love them.
But... between the popcorn and chicken your interior of your truck will look like something akin to a civil war battlefield when you arrive at your destination!🥴

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
What are some good suggestions for road snacks/drinks. Also any suggestions on things to keep you going at night with less sugar?

I try and still drink my 100oz of water during my day long drive west. Best way to combat altitude sickness is hydration.

My staples are sour gummy worms. BRCC can cold brew. Which are both loaded with sugar.
Water, iced tea, almonds. I've done many 20+ hrs road trips, several times by myself. Xm radio has some good comedy and talk stuff that helps keep me awake too. Music makes me wanna take a nap after

Cold pizza has been a staple for us. Something the passenger could easily grab from the cooler and you could eat while driving with little mess.

I do use a road trip as a reason to get truck stop rollers.

manitou1

WKR
Wife will also make lunch meat rollups. Your favorite lunchmeat, a slice of cheese (white cheeses have fewer carbs), roll them like a "funny cigarrette" and put in baggies. Low carb, so they won't make you sleepy/lethargic. She sometimes put pickles in her rollups, but I am not a pickle fan.