24+ Hour Drive Road Snacks?

I don't eat much when driving because I get tired after a meal. Wife gave me a bunch of sugar free lemon drops once, said something about research showing the lemon drops help keep you alert/awake. I didn't question it but I did bust them out and eat them.

I can drive forever unless bored. Old days could eat a 20, 000 calorie 7 course thanksgiving meal and drive across the country. For awhile was heavy on the diet coke and various flavors of sunflower seeds. Trying more protein cheese, nuts jerKY these days. Sneak an occasional snickers bar . A few years ago was traveling on some west Virginia back roads and my brother in law thought he would take a snooze at the wheel. We just about drove into a giant culvert. Drive safe and pull over if your tired. Good luck

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Adderall, Copenhagen mint, black coffee, reign orange dreamsicle, homemade lunch meat sandwiches and lots of water

something about a bag of pretzels it's more of something to do and eat them slow wash down with diet pepsi or diet coke, get lot of windshield time taken care of with that combo

Sunflower seeds, chew and spit in cup. Keeps me awake and alert no matter how tired I am. Tried energy drinks (Monster, Bang, etc), just made me have to P. About every three hours, make a stop for gas/P, etc. That usually wakes me up really well, then I'm good for another hour or so.

slick

WKR
Also, after having woke up in the ditch with the cruise control on at 75mph.

Have your pillow/sleeping bag handy and if you need to, pull over and take a couple hour nap.

Edit to add after bozeman's post below: doing step ups on the truck bumper, goblet squats with a kettle bell, some focused stretching, pushups etc all help keep me awake/energized.

Last edited:

bozeman

WKR
I dont change my diet too much or it puts your digestive system in chaos.....my wife makes these protein (oatmeal, protein powder, honey and choc chips) bars that I eat on to keep my full while driving 27 hours. But I try to keep it consistent with what I normally eat. But I do fill up a old style sideline cylinder cooler with water/gatorade mix and I fill up a water bottle at each gas stop.....saves $$ on several fronts when you go prepared. Safe travels to all and Good Luck this season!

P.S.- I also do 50 jumping jacks at each gas stop...weird looks, but keeps the blood pumping......

Elkangle

WKR
A healthy rotation of mtn ops ignite and enduro 5ish liters... fatty pepper stix...moms cookies (tradition)..and mini Yorks

Def don't experiment on the road

Pee breaks are fast..poo breaks can kill alot of time

Freeze dried for dinner

If you get some bang energy drinks you’ll stay awake, but you might not make it very far, those things have only ever created emergency roadside stops for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk