2300 - 3000 Cu In Pack for 1-2 day whitetail hunt

sroc112

FNG
Assuming that the load would be packed light as far as personal items and items needed for camp, would a pack size around 2300 - 3000 Cu In be able to accomodate packing out a whitetail? I am trying my best to keep the cost $250 and under for this bag, and right now have my eye on the Kuiu Venture Divide 3000.

Thoughts or alternatives?

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Assuming that the load would be packed light as far as personal items and items needed for camp, would a pack size around 2300 - 3000 Cu In be able to accomodate packing out a whitetail? I am trying my best to keep the cost $250 and under for this bag, and right now have my eye on the Kuiu Venture Divide 3000.

Hi sroc112. I think 2300 to 3000 would be pretty small. Lots of factors and individual preferences, but I normally think (my thoughts only) that having about 3000 for camp is about what I need and about 2000 to 2500 is needed for a quartered whitetail. I’ve done it with smaller, but it doesn’t work for me as well as having a bit larger bag. I should also mention that I prefer to put the quarters/meat inside the bag. Thanks. -Rufus

Sinistram

FNG

You're right on the money with the Venture Divide 3000. I did this analysis before last season. I changed the way I take deer out of the woods, and now I bone everything out instead of quartering or dragging. I wanted a pack that could hold all my stuff PLUS 30-40ish lbs of meat in bags. The Divide 3000 checked all the boxes. I've been very happy with it and have found it to carry that much weight with relative ease.

The divide pocket, removable waist belt, adjustable shoulder harness and general organization also hit home with me. I'm taking it to CO this year for elk, and while I won't likely be using it to haul a chunk o' meat, it'll be plenty for extra gear and clothes to deal with changing weather conditions.

FWIW, if you take the hip belt off and cinch all the straps down, it compresses to almost nothing. It's at the absolute upper limit for carry-on baggage (22" tall), but still counts.

Nyhunt79

FNG
I have the divide 3000. I soaked it in a tote with water and baking soda for a day and a half to take some of the scent and noise out of it. It carries nice with 4 sticks, a saddle platform, and heavy bibs/jacket when needed. I don’t have experience packing out a deer with it but I’ve heard of other guys doing it no problem. The only thing I don’t like is the drawstring style top, hope this helps

180ls1

WKR
Buy this, great deal and its a 1 and done solution for whites + everything out west.