22ARC with 77 TMK

WestTN2288

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody tried it yet? If so, any pointers? Specially what coal would fit without hitting the lands? How much (preferably percentage) did you or did you not reduce your powder charge for the reduced coal? Velocity?

Trying to get some pointers before I dive off in the rabbit hole blindly

The Guide

WKR
Why not just run the 88eldm in it? The cartridge is optimized for the heavy bullets. The 77tmk is popular with the 223 because it is about the heaviest bullet you can magazine feed with a 223.

Jay

OP
W

WestTN2288

Lil-Rokslider
Entertainment mostly, but also just to have options. I am currently shooting the 75 and 88 Eld-ms pretty good, but I’m always watching for a good deal and like to have 3 or 4 options for everything

waspocrew

WKR
Are you shooting an AR or bolt? For COAL, you're going to need to determine that. Get yourself a comparator and find the distance to lands and adjust from there.

Hodgdon has data to get you started. It's with a Nosler RDF, but it will give you ideas of potential charges and velocity out of a 24" test barrel. Based off the stopping PSI, this is gas gun data so if loading bolt, you could push it a little more.

Der Schwabe

FNG
Classified Approved
I'm getting 2957 fps with mine. It's 20 or 30 thousandths off. I don't know how long it is, but mine's a single shot, so length isn't a problem.

Are you shooting an AR or bolt? For COAL, you're going to need to determine that. Get yourself a comparator and find the distance to lands and adjust from there.

Hodgdon has data to get you started. It's with a Nosler RDF, but it will give you ideas of potential charges and velocity out of a 24" test barrel. Based off the stopping PSI, this is gas gun data so if loading bolt, you could push it a little more.

Hornady publishes 62k psi bolt gun data too.

I’m running mine in a gas gun with RL17 powder and getting just under 3000fps with an 18” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro