.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
First kill with 77gr TMK. .223 RSS. View attachment 776345View attachment 776346View attachment 776347View attachment 776348

314 yds . Took out the heart and broke the offside leg. Ran maybe 40yds and piled up. Damage to shoulders was severe... more than I'm used to with a .30-06. Borderline too much of a good thing for me.... but definitely effective and I watched it all in my scope
THANK you for sharing your experience!

Bullets matter.

Wound channels matter.

Hit rates matter.

WELL done!

Thank you for sharing your experience and results.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
My deer hunting this weekend was unsuccessful, but I did put the .223 to use for the first time. A coyote stepped out at last light at ~100 yards. 75 gr sabre black tip did the job. I didn't take any pictures, but the exit was smaller than expected. I'm still hoping to kill at least one whitetail with this rifle/bullet this year. I'll post a picture if I can make it happen.

Got my first kill with Black Hills' 77-grain TMK last night. From 17-inch Tikka barrel, impact speed was estimated at 2,200 fps at 330 yards. This mighty bullet (entrance shown) devastated the lungs and top of heart and then exited far side of 'lope.

Learning about this impressive bullet is one of the biggest "aha!" moments of my hunting life, and after seeing the results firsthand, I won't be going back to those big boomers like the 6.5 CM and 7x57 Mauser. Thanks to everyone for sharing the power of placing the right bullet in the right spot at the right speed. 223-antelope.jpeg223 wound.jpeg