.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Tahr

Lil-Rokslider
Different perspective. .223
60 grn Hammer Hunter. 3280fps. About 200 yards.
Broadside lung shot and quartering front on heart shot.
Lung shot ran 15 yds. Front on one tipped straight over.
Not better or worse than the 77 TMK. Just different. More likely to leave a blood trail.

FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

Lung shot exit. Spewed blood
FullSizeRender 3.jpeg

Lung shot
FullSizeRender 4.jpeg

Heart shot
FullSizeRender 5.jpeg

Thegman

WKR
Took a smallish, mediumish, black bear with the 77TMK today. Shot was at just over 50 yards. It was feeding in some light brush so was difficult to see exactly what shot angle I was taking...and didn't worry about it much. By now I'm pretty confident a 77TMK at any angle through a black bear is going to do the job...and it did.

I did put a second in as it was still moving...I've seen bears suddenly decide they're not hurt all that bad and take off one too many times.

Not sure which shot is which, but by this time it's pretty much just typical 77TMK stuff 😅

20240928_165617.jpg

Exit
20240928_170438.jpg

Body cavity...

20240928_180726.jpg

Poe

FNG

2934, 24” Tikka Varmint.

P
I was wondering what Mag you are running. I have the same rifle and it shoots the 73’s great but it is a lot easier to find the 75’s around here but from what I have read the 75’s don’t seem to work at factory tikka mag length

Poe

FNG
I have some of those Australian mags but now I’m using the 3-D printed mags. Cheaper and lighter.

I can load into the lands if I want.

P
Did you have to change anything else with your rifle. I was doing some reading on some 3d printed mags and some people are saying you might have to change the bolt stop

Did you have to change anything else with your rifle. I was doing some reading on some 3d printed mags and some people are saying you might have to change the bolt stop
no change with the waters rifleman mags, id be surprised if the new 3d printed ones needed a bolt stop modification too.

Reactions: Poe