.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
The one that pushes a 77grTMK in a .223 to 1800fps out to 675yds with an 18in Tikka.
Can’t help you with that.

I’m certain it exists, but I’m not one with that level of first hand experience.

22CM
22PRC
22UM

Above is where I’d start based on your expectations.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Handloads, yes.
No offense but the person who shared this load with me made me promise not to share;
seriously.
I will say it's on the hot side.

Kinda like when someone shares their honey hole with you with the understanding that you won't share it. Man's word is his word.

Randy

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Seriously 😂, we are all grown ups here
Ha! Yeah, right! ROFL
Kinda like when someone shares their honey hole with you with the understanding that you won't share it. Man's word is his word.

Randy
Yeah, but depending on the person it might not be a real tight bond.
;)

It's not really like it's a secret. It's been discussed on RS in other places.

Okay, back on topic kiddos

Only a short time till another massive influx of dead critters thanks to
223 & TMK

I'm getting excited!!!

Don’t do this:

The only time I’ve ever exceeded book max.

P

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I did not see this billet (or style of bullet) mentioned in the entire thread. Is it because it is not consistent?

What about frangable 223 / 5.56 ammo? I have only seen YouTube videos in balistics gel so I literally have nothing to say it will work... but look very cost efficient and like it would do the same thing (in theory) as a TMK...

Any 1st hand knowledge out there?

Edit to add: as long as it is still heavy for caliber! I have seen them at 45gr for a 223 / 5.56...

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Which stability calculator have you all found to be the most accurate? My .223 bolt gun is a Bergara Ridge SP with a 1-9 twist barrel. It shoots the 73 ELD-Ms well, although I have only tried it to 300 yards so far.

JBM gives me a return of 1.51 with the 77 TMK, but the Speer and Bison Ballistics give me ~1.2. I run into the same results with the 73 ELD-M, so I'm questioning how much weight to put into it. I'm going to get some and just shoot them to see, but curious what other folks are seeing.

z987k

WKR
Which stability calculator have you all found to be the most accurate? My .223 bolt gun is a Bergara Ridge SP with a 1-9 twist barrel. It shoots the 73 ELD-Ms well, although I have only tried it to 300 yards so far.

JBM gives me a return of 1.51 with the 77 TMK, but the Speer and Bison Ballistics give me ~1.2. I run into the same results with the 73 ELD-M, so I'm questioning how much weight to put into it. I'm going to get some and just shoot them to see, but curious what other folks are seeing.
If it doesn't have a value to input for tip length it's going to be wrong on every tipped bullet.
Even jbm assumes plastic, if you have an aluminum tipped bullet it won't be quite correct either.
JBM is the one you want to use.

robtattoo

WKR
I'm not sure if these have been posted before & quite frankly, I'm not trawling through 390+ pages to find out. 😆

For those who're thinking or wondering why to pick the TMK over the TGK (the Gameking being a 'hunting bullet' after all.....)

3DF442EE-ED7E-492D-8AFA-202B467318DE.jpeg12B0070A-4868-49D5-8F9B-ECC43367831A.jpeg

That massive jacket difference is why the MK is so devastatingly effective & why the GK gives the mushroom, so beloved of the advertising folk.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
If it doesn't have a value to input for tip length it's going to be wrong on every tipped bullet.
Even jbm assumes plastic, if you have an aluminum tipped bullet it won't be quite correct either.
JBM is the one you want to use.
That's what I suspected, simply based on the logic of more information = a better output.

Thanks!