.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
Thx one more, prefered brass or just run what you find or got?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
I used to use lapua and have since switched to starline. I’d say use what you got, I’ve also used pmc brass from 55gr factory ammo. It worked just fine too but only lasted about 5 firings. I’m up to 4x on some of the starline and it still seems tight.

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
I used to use lapua and have since switched to starline. I’d say use what you got, I’ve also used pmc brass from 55gr factory ammo. It worked just fine too but only lasted about 5 firings. I’m up to 4x on some of the starline and it still seems tight.
By tight you mean loose primer pockets

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

So this thread has convinced me to order a Tikka in 223 today and give it a try on Texas game. Will be crows, hogs and deer. However, I can’t find any of the 77 gr TMK’s anywhere to try out. I’m trying to get things ordered so I can start putting loads together. Is there any discussion in here going over the Hornady ELD-M options and comparing them to the TMK? Not sure I have time to go back through all 300 pages and still get stuff together before the rifle gets here.

Jimbee

WKR
So this thread has convinced me to order a Tikka in 223 today and give it a try on Texas game. Will be crows, hogs and deer. However, I can’t find any of the 77 gr TMK’s anywhere to try out. I’m trying to get things ordered so I can start putting loads together. Is there any discussion in here going over the Hornady ELD-M options and comparing them to the TMK? Not sure I have time to go back through all 300 pages and still get stuff together before the rifle gets here.
Midway has 77tmk seconds

73 gr eldm

Grundy53

WKR
73 gr ELDm is a great alternative. The 75 gr I think won't fit in a standard tikka magazine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SBR Sarge

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re crunched for time, pick up some factory loaded 77 TMKs. Stand1armory has them, and Black Hills loads are available from Bone Frog Gun Club and others.

Post up autopsy pics when you slay the hogs and deer.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If their warranty was a little more like others, I would send mine in...

"This warranty does not cover damage that occurs in shipment or failures that result from accidents, misuse, abuse, unauthorized alterations, theft, modifications and acts of God."

I think you'd fall under "act of God"
I think you'd be crazy to tell them lol

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Awesome that you've found a rifle to take hunting for bear this year.

However I would advise against the ultra-ultralight AR. I run tactical rifle and pistol courses as my side-gig and I have seen way too many reliability issues with the super ultra rifle that have came to the classes. Some of those have been minor, like failure to feed or light strikes, but quite a few have been major, like BCG's bulging or cracking and gas blocks blowing out.

But don't let that complete dissuade you, you can easily build a reliable AR that falls right around 5ish pounds.
He's not talking about a gas gun, he's talking about an AR built off of a Solo300 upper. They come in around 3lbs. There's a whole thread on here about them

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk