.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Hunter609

WKR
I "broke" mine in by shooting at steel. Not a fan of the shoot and clean, shoot and clean, break in process but to each their own.
More meant trying to see if the barrel would speed up while just shooting steel. No cleaning involved.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Is it bear season yet…brown, griz, black…seriously!

Spring is in the air and it‘s time for a pile of spring bear pics.

Adventure awaits!

Get out there and help those fawns and calves survive!!!!

Anyone load 77s with benchmark? It looks like xbr, smells like xbr, makes the same speed as xbr with 62 eldvt and is available.
I haven’t used it for the 77s but did use it with the 73eld and 75bthp. It worked well with both of those particularly with the 73eld. I can’t remember now what the velocity was exactly but I believe I had to add .1 to my elevation out to 500yds compared to the 75eld/ varget combo I was using in that particular barrel. I would imagine part of that came from the lesser bc on the lighter bullets. I think I would put it in the top 3 for stick powders I have used.

I haven’t used it for the 77s but did use it with the 73eld and 75bthp. It worked well with both of those particularly with the 73eld. I can’t remember now what the velocity was exactly but I believe I had to add .1 to my elevation out to 500yds compared to the 75eld/ varget combo I was using in that particular barrel. I would imagine part of that came from the lesser bc on the lighter bullets. I think I would put it in the top 3 for stick powders I have used.
I’d be interested in your 73gr/Benchmark load data if you care to share. No issues if it’s a coveted family recipe 👍