.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

NateTP38

Lil-Rokslider
They are suppressors in name and legality only. Bluntly there is no way I would shoot one without ear pro on any CF. Legit supports that reduce the sound to hearing safe for impulse are going to be around 10oz and 6-8” long, and over $600. The least expensive one I have used that is actually a functional can is the JK Armaments one that is $450’ish and I think 11oz. It is a usable can.
Do you have opinions on the SilencerCo Harvester? How does it compare to the JK?

For you tikka 223 guys... what is the best/favorite budget suppressor to dedicate to your 223/tikka/6xswfa combo? Anything Under 10oz, less than 8 inches long, and under $600?

This is one that comes very close to what you are looking for. https://www.silencershop.com/catalo...ategory/1/id/6172/s/silencerco-harvester-evo/

As Form stated, it is a fine can. It is good for what it is for, which is bench work or hunting. I have one of the original Harvesters and it works very well on my hunting rifles.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, mistake on your part
Swap the rings around so the one without a hole goes at the front allowing it to move forward to the front of the dovetail
The ring with the hole goes over the rear pin
I'm an idiot. Thanks!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Was considering a Harvester for it's price...ended up going with a Nomad Ti. Have you shot that one?

I'll be using it on my .223 for yotes and cats, I imagine the suppression amount is less with a smaller diameter projectile through a .30 cal can.

I have, but other than it being fine I don’t remember anything noteworthy.

And no, the more is no noticeable difference using a .224 in a 30ca can.

280Ackley

WKR
Any recommendations on an AR 223 barrel manufacturer? Needing to upgrade mine to a 1:8 twist and I’d like a 18”.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
This is one that comes very close to what you are looking for. https://www.silencershop.com/catalo...ategory/1/id/6172/s/silencerco-harvester-evo/

As Form stated, it is a fine can. It is good for what it is for, which is bench work or hunting. I have one of the original Harvesters and it works very well on my hunting rifles.

For you tikka 223 guys... what is the best/favorite budget suppressor to dedicate to your 223/tikka/6xswfa combo? Anything Under 10oz, less than 8 inches long, and under $600?

Just wanted to add another vote for the harvester evo. It’s my first can and I chose it for the affordable cost, light weight and the fact it was available through a local vendor I trusted.

I’ve fired about 750 rounds of .223 through mine using my own rokslide special cut down to 20” and overall I’ve been very pleased with it. I feel like it is hearing safe for at least 5 consecutive shots (the most I’ve tested) and likely much more than that.

I also appreciate that you get both 1/2 x 28 and 5/8 x 24 bravo direct thread mounts with the can. Additionally, you can purchase a 9/16 x 32 bravo direct thread mount from SilencerCo, which seems to be the most common thread size used to thread the Tikka lite and superlite barrels.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Any recommendations on an AR 223 barrel manufacturer? Needing to upgrade mine to a 1:8 twist and I’d like a 18”.

If you can find a 3r ARP, I highly recommend. I bought a second when Harrison decided to hang it up. You might be able to snag one from him provided he hasn't sold the remaining stock

I Google it... and came up with a wyoming arms 4 squared and 5 squared ti suppressor, 4 and 5 oz respectively. Fits the bill price wise... just don't know how they would do on actual suppression. I read they claim to reduce 20db on a 300win. Anyone tried one on a 223? Anything else comparable?
Wyoming Arms, John Squirms, definitely no

cod0396

FNG
Criterion Core or Hybrid. Former if you prefer a nicer (better handling) barrel profile, latter if you want the best precision. They are both extremely well gassed too.