.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Lawnboi

WKR
I bought a bottle of tac today thinking I recalled it being mentioned. Just trying to get some options together to at least get me shooting, and ideally something I can be content with
Id bet tac and 73s shoot real good.

Tac can be a little temp sensitive but as long as you understand that it’s not too bad.

Id bet tac and 73s shoot real good.

Tac can be a little temp sensitive but as long as you understand that it’s not too bad.
Perfect, thanks

Temp sensitivity isn’t much of a factor for me, the coast doesn’t have very big temp swings in general… if I dial in a load in 50 degree weather, it will be within 10 degrees of that almost any day of hunting

I made a post about this but it was in the early early morning hours so I guess no one saw it. So maybe it will get some traction here.

I figured some people might be interested in some factory loaded 77gr tmk.

For those looking for .223 77gr TMK, the Civilian Marksmanship Program currently has some in stock. Loaded by Creedmoor Sports in Starline brass. Not sure of any load details, as none are listed on the website.
It is a bit of a process if you have never ordered from the CMP before but it's not too difficult. Just be patient with the sweet ladies down in Anniston, Alabama at the cmp south store as they process your information so you can place an order.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
PSA and FYI.........
Couple months back I ordered some factory loaded 77 tmk's from Stand 1 Armory as they were available and in stock.
I was able to finally get out today and see how they would shoot. Rifle was a LH Tikka CTR .223, 8 twist, 20 inch barrel.
I was pleasantly surprised......it maintained a 1.25" 10 round grouping and averaged 2895 fps with an ES of 21. Didn't have a chance to shoot long but will do so this next weekend.

Randy

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
PSA and FYI.........
Couple months back I ordered some factory loaded 77 tmk's from Stand 1 Armory as they were available and in stock.
I was able to finally get out today and see how they would shoot. Rifle was a LH Tikka CTR .223, 8 twist, 20 inch barrel.
I was pleasantly surprised......it maintained a 1.25" 10 round grouping and averaged 2895 fps with an ES of 21. Didn't have a chance to shoot long but will do so this next weekend.

Randy
Sounds like you’re dialed and it’s time for us to put some bear sausage in the freezer!

Mulyhuntr

WKR
First 100 rounds down the pipe of my Tikka. 77gr TMK/24gr Varget/ CCI BR-4 produce .75MOA groups and right around 2670FPS out of the 22” barrel. That in line speed wise with what most of you are seeing? I could definitely go up in charge weight but don’t really see a reason to. Tracks out to 500yards reliably
2900 with 75 eldm and h4895 and room to run but that's the node. Varget isn't a speed freak. Definitely more in it with other powders.

kkp005

WKR
been trying to figure out a way to make my tikka 223 with a LOP that fit small kids. Looked at maybe trying to find a manner cs2 stock but those things are priced outrageous and hard to find.

Ended up settling with mdt chasis. I think it will be perfect for my daughter and nephews to practice with. Ready to get them some hogs with the trusty 77gr TMK’s, tikka and trijicon

Attachments

• D79EB09B-7071-4CFC-92B7-E5D1F23C542A.jpeg
    D79EB09B-7071-4CFC-92B7-E5D1F23C542A.jpeg
    580 KB · Views: 125
OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
been trying to figure out a way to make my tikka 223 with a LOP that fit small kids. Looked at maybe trying to find a manner cs2 stock but those things are priced outrageous and hard to find.

Ended up settling with mdt chasis. I think it will be perfect for my daughter and nephews to practice with. Ready to get them some hogs with the trusty 77gr TMK’s, tikka and trijicon
Tikka Compact is the ‘best’ factory option.

hseII

FNG
I made a post about this but it was in the early early morning hours so I guess no one saw it. So maybe it will get some traction here.

I figured some people might be interested in some factory loaded 77gr tmk.

For those looking for .223 77gr TMK, the Civilian Marksmanship Program currently has some in stock. Loaded by Creedmoor Sports in Starline brass. Not sure of any load details, as none are listed on the website.
It is a bit of a process if you have never ordered from the CMP before but it's not too difficult. Just be patient with the sweet ladies down in Anniston, Alabama at the cmp south store as they process your information so you can place an order.

a404aab3abeaed2832b832535845ad05.jpg

If y’all ever get the chance you should check that place out in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

colby12

WKR
Tmk in stock here

Have you bought from this place? Accepted payment methods seem shady.